Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Men's Soccer (Football) Thread [ARCHIVED] Soccer • Page 326

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Garrett, Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. orangehorizon

Trusted

If I remember correctly they actually were punished, just not as harsh.

2. orangehorizon

Trusted

Who else would be? That's just how it works in sports. UEFA is the governing body, they set up the rules, they supervise them and punish clubs that break said rules.

RobbieBerns likes this.
  3. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

:crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh: it was UEFA’s rules they broke. Very obviously. For years.

let’s not forget the email a City employee sent around saying “1 down 5 to go” when a UEFA employee investigating City pass away. Scum club of scum people.

4. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

From the BBC report on the Man City ban, it's not guaranteed that 5th place would take the CL slot. I'm not sure why that wouldn't be the case, but that's how they've framed it.

City moaning that UEFA are impartial and all that business is kind of weird. UEFA is basically a private entity and they set up an organisation to investigate teams. Who else is going to do it?

orangehorizon and Nick like this.
  5. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I think UEFA rules state it will go to the next in line. I may be wrong.

6. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I do hope this wakes the premier league up too. It’s been quite obvious for ages now that City’s sponsorship deals and the values of them are completely fake.

7. MrCon

The match report on the Wolves game contradicts what's in the Man City thing. It depends on how many CL spots the Prem can hold onto. Maybe excluding City can ruin our coefficient overall?

8. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

UEFA approached PSG about their fake sponsorship deals a couple of years back. PSG accepted that and got other, real contracts. The Jordan deal for example which counts outside of their Nike deal. City did not, they continued to try and use their fake deals.

orangehorizon likes this.
  9. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Hmm honestly I don’t know. That would be weird if City essentially got the spot and then got excluded.

10. MrCon

I was thinking more that their results over the last few years get annulled. I'm not really sure how safe our 4 places are at the minute. The English teams have had a pretty solid year this time round, so far.

11. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Oh fuck I didn’t even think of that. Yeah that’s possible.

12. Jose said he cut all his hair off because he went to a bad barber that fucked up his hair lol

PandaBear! likes this.
  13. Bergwijn is wonderful

Joe4th likes this.
  14. T.J.

music and baseball.

wow

15. Let’s gooooooo!!!

16. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

:puke::puke::puke:

17. MrCon

Arsenal Newcastle has been a total dog's dinner so far.

18. JM95

Trusted

Can definitely see Newcastle winning this. Arsenal just don't have many ideas to break them down.

Slightly odd selection from Arteta I think. Slow midfielders to defend against Almiron and Saint-Maximin on the counter, Nketiah isolated at times against three tall centre backs with not much space behind. Arteta needs to find better solutions here.

19. JM95

Trusted

Saka looks a very good player.

Newcastle deciding not to put pressure on the ball at any point in the second half is certainly an interesting tactic.

Big Un likes this.
  20. MrCon

Thought when we didn't capitalise in the first half that we'd get punished for it and here we are.

21. T.J.

music and baseball.

Great second half by Arsenal

22. JM95

Trusted

Lazio - Inter in an hour. Big game.

Zoshchenko likes this.
  23. KrisArronNev

Trusted

Moussa Marega has walked off the pitch tonight whilst playing for Porto because of racial abuse. Spot on, son.

PandaBear! likes this.
  24. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Strange behaviour from his team-mates too

Big Un likes this.
  25. MrCon

Well that's a deeply uncomfortable watch.

PandaBear! likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.