Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Men's Soccer (Football) Thread [ARCHIVED] Soccer • Page 310

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Garrett, Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  2. orangehorizon

Trusted

This is something that always felt wrong to me. Defenders and goalkeepers are judged by completely different standards compared to strikers for example.
    When a defender or goalkeeper has 3 great saves but then makes one mistake they always look poor. But a striker that scores 3 goals but fucks up in one situation is still regarded as having a great performance. Although it is exactly the same. An easy goal not scored is actually the same as a mistake that leads to a goal. But the perception of both incidents is completely different.

MrCon likes this.
    PandaBear! likes this.
  4. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Bruno getting hit hard late by Benfica constantly here. Be peak United for him to get injured and the deal to be called off.

5. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Peak United would have been him getting injured and us signing him anyway

AFoolsGlory likes this.
  6. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

Wow that's low.

7. Capoue goes studs up to the knee and doesn’t even get a yellow

8. Ball was literally an inch from being completely over the line and then cleared.

9. Handball at the 2 minute mark uncalled. Capoue deserves a red and didn’t even get a yellow. Such shit.

We should still be better than fucking Watford though.

11. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Spurs played exactly like we did last year. Awful. It took us two years to get to that level though

PandaBear! likes this.
  12. We may look like shit but I still won’t blame Jose at this point. We looked like shit before he arrived too. It’s a bad team right now. It’s going to take a full year for him to get things right, if he does. He could fail. Not putting that out of question. Just think it’s unfair to pin it on him right now.

Joe4th and Nick like this.
  13. What’s gotten into Southampton recently?

They’ve recently beaten Chelsea, Spurs, Leicester and are now up 2-0 at the half against Wolves.

14. Platy

Sam

Cook with an amazing save/stupid play against Norwich. Bournemouth are going to be relegated this season.

15. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

PandaBear! likes this.
  16. KrisArronNev

Trusted

DCL for England at the Euros.

orangehorizon and Wharf Rat like this.
  17. PandaBear! likes this.
  18. United missing out on Haaland and now refusing to pay up for Bruno.

19. Sorry Southampton. I jinxed you.

20. JM95

Trusted

Who knew finally winning the league would be so comfortable?

Mid-January and we've essentially wrapped it up.

21. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Sporting changed the deal apparently. They want more now.

22. They did the same thing to Spurs in the summer. Player and club thought it was done and then Sporting changed their mind.

23. JM95

Trusted

Newcastle are the luckiest team in the league. Relegation level performances with mid-table results.

24. That goal was massive for the CL race.

25. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Chelsea need to buy either another striker or a creative player within the next few days or they will not be making top 4. Being able to break down stubborn defences like Newcastle today and turn 1-0 defeats into 1-0 wins will put them above United and Spurs come the end of the season, I'm sure of it. The run of fixtures they have coming up will ruin the season if the squad stays as it is.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.