Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Men's Soccer (Football) Thread [ARCHIVED] Soccer • Page 3

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Garrett, Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Ready for the season to start.

2. KrisArronNev

Trusted

Echo says it's NOT happening. FFS

3. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

City are a financial doped club that get a lot of pats on the back from the media. Let's not forget the bizarre Pep or money bollocks City have been peddled for all of 2018. It's rich complaining about how Liverpool are treated when City get treated very nicely be the press when they want to push their agenda.

J.C. and AFoolsGlory like this.
  4. Chelsea closing in on Golovin.

That gives them a midfield of Jorginho Kante Golovin.

Pretty damn good.

PandaBear! likes this.
  5. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Yikes

6. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

sad for him, he was really starting to progress again as a player after stagnating at Arsenal the last season or two. Hope this isn't one of those injuries that ruins an entire career.

7. J.C.

adorkable Prestigious

Ox was always going to end up missing most of the season, the best case estimates seemed like the start of the new year, but even then it would've taken a long time to get up to match fitness. Probably going to push on for another attacker, don't really believe the Fekir stuff is dead.

8. JM95

Trusted

Really disappointing news about Ox but it was always pretty likely. The club will have known for a while.

I think Fekir is more likely to happen than not. If it does then the club is only a VVD centre back partner away from about as good a summer as any fan could have hoped for. Amazing the difference in the way things are being run in comparison to pre-Klopp.

9. JM95

Trusted

Alisson's done

10. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Honestly, the entire top six looks unbelievably strong really. It's mad.

Nick likes this.
  11. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I just want us to sign a right winger :tear:

12. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Chelsea are signing another defender, Daniele Rugani of Juventus - do the board not realise we are losing two of our best players and they will need to be replaced with world-class, and thus insanely expensive, talent? We have 6 maybe 7 cb's already and Eden Hazard is almost irreplaceable, but yeah lets spend millions on another one who isn't even an upgrade on at least 4 of the defenders we already have.

13. KrisArronNev Jul 19, 2018
    (Last edited: Jul 19, 2018)
    KrisArronNev

Trusted

We hit the post 4x v Bury. RS had the ball cleared off the line 3x v Bury. Who is the best rn.

Ox will never be the same again. At least he's got that bird from Little Mix.

14. GBlades

Trusted

Didn't Sarri say yesterday that he wasn't really that bothered with signings and wished to develop the talent they currently had? Makes me think that, as usual, this isn't a managerial decision and just the boards attempt to gain revenue.

PandaBear! likes this.
  15. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I wouldn’t be surprised if Chelsea and Madrid figured out a swap+cash deal involving Hazard/Courtois and Bale/Navas

PandaBear! likes this.
  16. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

I think the same. Kurt Zouma hasn't even traveled with the squad on pre-season so that's one talent that's likely to leave rather than be developed. It all remains to be seen though, squad may well have a major overhaul the way these transfer rumours are coming out - Higuain, Rugani, Kasper Schmeichel, Golovin, Cech even. Plenty leaving too.

Would take Bale but there are other keepers they should prioritise over Navas imho.

17. okayibelieveyou

Tam Rogic CSC Prestigious

Johansen has probably been an excellent bit of business for you overall though, don't you think? Got him for quite cheap and when he's on form, he is brilliant. His pressing is outstanding. Still think what he could've been in this Rodgers team for us.

I'm still so surprised you haven't went for Lozano.

18. okayibelieveyou

In Celtic news, we progressed through the first of our four qualifying rounds for Champions League last night. 3-0 win, (6-0 aggregate) against Alashkert.

We now play Rosenborg who were lucky, or unfairly treated, depending on how you see it. Valur got a penalty at 2-0 which they scored which is a horrendous decision by the ref. Rosenborg then got a penalty in 95th minute to go through 3-1. Madness.

We played them last year in the 3rd round qualifier and won 1-0 away to progress but hoping we really hurt them this time. Dembele and Edouard together is awesome.

I'll get some of you caring about us somehow!

20. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Does Lord Bendtner still play for Rosenborg?

I used to have an odd soft spot for them.

21. okayibelieveyou

He does. He caused us some issues last year but that's because of his experience. We have a little bit of a Centre Back crisis at the moment for this tie because Jozo got sent off last night (stupidly high studs up tackle but still could've went either way) and Boyata was in Belgium squad so isnt back from holiday after his WC duty.

Lord scored two yesterday. Both penalties.

22. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

There's something off looking about that home kit. Like it makes the players look like they have really short torsos or something.

disambigujason likes this.
  23. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Just seen the new home kits for Manchester United. Dreadful.

24. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Gonna have to support the Lord then, I'm afraid. Absolute legend.

25. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

Apart from the sponsers logo I don't mind the new utd home shirt . The kit that I think looks the nicest this season though is the new Watford one with the Black and Yellow stripes.

This shows all the new kits for those interested:

2018/19 Premier League home kits ranked and rated

disambigujason likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.