Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Men's Soccer (Football) Thread [ARCHIVED] Soccer • Page 259

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Garrett, Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Poor Dan James won’t last the season here. Constantly getting kicked.

2. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

This will end 3 or 4-1 now. Terrible from Lindelof and Young.

3. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Well they didn’t lose

4. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

We were shite again. Decent first half and a great goal. Stopped playing after that. We were lucky Liverpool were completely inept going forward for a vast majority of the game.

5. JM95

Trusted

Man United would've won that if they'd not backed off so far in the last 15 minutes. Fatigue was clearly an issue late on but they let Robertson and TAA have space in the final third which they hadn't done up till that point. Don't think 5-4-1 was the right move - just seemed to confuse things in midfield.

Glad to get out of that with a point. I was pretty sure we wouldn't cruise it but we only created one quality chance all game. Midfield is a relative weakness for us if the opponent occupies our full backs and keeps things tight in their backline. Obviously the big drop off when one of our front three is out was a factor too.

6. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

We made a change to formation in the last twenty minutes that let Robertson and TAA get the ball in more advanced areas than before. Can’t quite understand why Solskjaer did that other than naivety. Still think Liverpool would have scored regardless. Rojo, Young, and Lindelof always have a mistake in them. Beyond believe how that cross got through to Lallana on his own in the six yard box.

7. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

Thought neither team looked all that today. James made some terrible decisions on the counter. He should have fed Rashford at least once more.

Liverpool looked like they were playing without a forward a lot of the time. Really glad I decided to watch that one.

8. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

With the MLS playoffs going single elimination, they’ve been lit. Three of the four went to extra time thus far.

9. JM95

Trusted

If you want to know how much of a joke the Ballon d'Or is, Hugo Lloris is on the shortlist.

SamLevi11, awakeohsleeper and Nick like this.
  10. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Hahahahah

11. jbaseball44

Who Watches The Watchmen? Supporter

another joke XI from Emery. No Tierney, no Holding, no Ceballos, no Özil, no Bellerin.

SamLevi11 likes this.
  12. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

It’s like he WANTS me to hate him

13. jbaseball44

He should be sacked. We’re going to blow the easiest too 4 in my lifetime thanks to him

14. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

So uh Pepe...

15. jbaseball44

missed an absolute sitter tonight but was actually our best player (not saying much). He has been very poor at times but I am refusing to judge any creative player in an Emery system, he is also continually played with no creative midfielder behind him and no quality RB next to him

16. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Yeah it was the miss I was talking about.

the fucking saka booking enraged me. Same shit as James earlier in the season. I don’t think it was a penalty but it wasn’t a dive. Seems to refs are only cracking down on dives by young players and not seasoned professionals that are diving.

17. jbaseball44

yeah not a penalty but not a dive, you know how Mike Dean is though, looked overjoyed to give out that yellow. at this point literally every semi creative player looks awful for us because the system and manager are absolute crap

SamLevi11 and Nick like this.
  18. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

The results of this say it all...

19. Looking much better today

20. this is refreshing

21. Eriksen Rose and Toby all missing and we look better. Get those whining losers out of here.

22. Garrett

One day I won’t misread Atalanta as Atlanta and get confused. But it’s not today.

23. Garrett

24. I hope we never sell Lamela

Joe4th likes this.
  25. Oh man Red Star is not good

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.