Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Men's Soccer (Football) Thread [ARCHIVED] Soccer • Page 257

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Garrett, Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Rashford may genuinely have to die to be able to get a rest at this rate.

2. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Weird I thought Rashford was shit.

3. StevenW92

Regular

I’ve literally never called my criticism or praise of an individual correctly.

Meanwhile, Bulgaria fans have been booing an announcement telling them not to be racist.

4. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

What the fuuuck? Disgraceful behaviour.

5. StevenW92

Regular

Match has been stopped for a second time. Big group of Bulgarian fans have been kicked out.

6. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

They should just kick Bulgaria out of the competition.

7. JM95

Trusted

Should probably kick the Millwall fans out too just to be safe.

Really feel for Mings especially. Having to deal with that on your England debut.

8. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

Bulgarian fans have really embarrassed themselves tonight. As if the monkey chants weren't enough, they threw some sieg heils in there too. Nice.

9. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

Rudi Garcia is such a joke of a hire... come on JMA. He was hired because he accepted not having control over his own coaching staff. Blah. It’s too bad Aulas and Juni whiffed so hard when they hired Sylvinho, OL will probably never hire a non-French coach again.

10. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Bulgaria's prime minister has asked their chief of football to jump before he is pushed. Feel like we might actually see some form of punishment too.

11. MrCon

Apparently the England fans weren't exactly behaving brilliantly either. Seems we're developing a new core of Brexit fueled idiots.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  12. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I mean, I don't disagree, British away fans make me feel massively embarrassed, but things that happen outside the stadium are matters for police, on the pitch is more of a UEFA issue.

13. MrCon

They were being twats in the ground too, from what I've read. Mainly singing songs about WW2. That sort of hilarious conduct.

14. JM95

Trusted

That's pretty much always been the case. Nothing new there. Partly why I feel so distanced from the national team.

15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

16. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

USA fans in hiding?

Jeff likes this.
  17. Mr. Dennis

On the Free from PSG

Smashed all devices from result

18. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I think I’m the only one who hasn’t checked out completely, but I can rarely watch games anymore. Berhalter is in over his head and should’ve never been given the coaching job (nor should it have taken over a year to name a Klinsy replacement, but that’s on USSF), but the only person with permission to fire him...is his brother. So this may be my checking out point.

Playing Roldan in midfield yesterday was a disaster, but Berhalter didn’t substitute him and when he subbed Pulisic “who had flu systems” off it exposed the midfield within 90 seconds for the first Canada goal. Also subbed Yedlin for an MLS player who is a very clear step down even from a not back to form Yedlin. Just baffling.

Pretty sure a better coach could coax Dest to commit to us instead of the Netherlands. But I don’t think we have a chance—and that’s a position we desperately need an upgrade at.

19. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I thought Dest declared for the US?

20. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

never played an official game and now the Dutch want to cap tie him too so he turned down call ups from both for this window.

a good coach could leverage the fact the US gave him opportunities at the U-level (17 and 20 World Cup squads) when the Dutch didn’t. Don’t really trust Gregg.

21. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Think I saw Dest state a few months ago, in an interview on Ajax FB page, that his preference would be USMNT. Surprised to hear that he turned down call-ups for both though, so I can see why people wouldn't be optimistic he would choose USA. Will be a shame for you to lose out on him because he is good as hell!

Garrett L. likes this.
  22. Jeff

Regular Prestigious

I don’t have much left as a fan of this sport. I’ve been worn down by the continued incompetence of my club and country for the last half decade.

It’s strange because I do pop in and read the thread from time to time but I looked and saw I’ve only made 3 posts all year. Guess I don’t have much to contribute because all I seem to see these days are stupendous new lows.

PandaBear! likes this.
  23. PandaBear! Oct 16, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 17, 2019)
    PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

I don't know if it's because of outside factors or whatever but I am also feeling worn-down and even bored of football as a whole. Chelsea are more exciting that they have been in years but I cannot seem to sit through a full 90mins, haven't watched England properly since the WC, haven't streamed an Ajax game in 2019 at all. Don't play any of FIFA/PES/FM anymore - FM in particular I must have started 100 new games and deleted them all before playing the first friendly.

Thankful for this thread because it's one of the few places I've seen where football is discussed in a decent way with no bullshit, because places like "football twitter" and reddit are just full of the most negative takes imaginable that just drain you to read them.

Edit: Lol, definitely feeling sorry for myself when I wrote this

24. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Out of interest, who is your club/country?

25. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I will say, I went through a period of two or three years where my interest in football dwindled quite a lot. It was during that period when Arsenal were always finishing third or fourth, with no pressure up or down, meaning it got incredibly boring. Our matches weren't fun and it became normal to see we had lost to Stoke or Blackburn or whoever on a regular basis.

England have been dull to watch since about 2002 so I can't say that was much fun either.

PandaBear! likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.