Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Men's Soccer (Football) Thread [ARCHIVED] Soccer • Page 256

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Garrett, Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

Just got back from the nfl at Spurs’s ground. Proper fun day out and that’s a great stadium. Definitely one of the better big football grounds I’ve been to. Mad some of the football results that went on today while I was out and about, can’t believe City lost (Utd was less surprising).

Joe4th and gonz (Alex) like this.
  2. Bobby

Trusted

My life has been crazy busy lately or else I would post much more about the Bundesliga. I definitely like seeing your thoughts on it from time to time. I have been supporting Dortmund since shortly before the season prior to Klopp's final season there and I'm still trying to get very much acclimated to the history of the Bundesliga and all the inner club dynamics from one club to the next. Watching the league since then has been quite the experience and I am stoked to continue following it in the years to come.

I'll try and be more active so you to don't feel like you're posting into the ether.

orangehorizon likes this.
  3. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

United are so bad I genuinely think no manager could make finish above 8th. Their players are either too average, inconsistent, or totally awful.

Also can we talk about how mad the Bundesliga is this year? Hertha were bottom and looking awful three weeks ago, but win three on the bounce are up in 11th, looking to break into the top half. Bayern losing at home, Dortmund unable to hold onto a lead, ever, and Schalke crushing it with a team of bang average players.

4. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Could United actually finish in the bottom half?

The more I think about it, the more I think 10th is about where they should be aiming now.

5. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

This story is better than anything that’s happened on the pitch in the EPL this season.

6. Garrett

The response:

awakeohsleeper and Platy like this.

7. Curious if they’d actually do it

PandaBear! likes this.
  8. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

If we win our next match we have already qualified so I wouldn't be surprised. Seems like our younger players really have their heads screwed on and would be willing to really make a statement.

PandaBear! likes this.
  9. StevenW92

Regular

Knowing UEFA it wouldn't surprise me if England players did walk off and then UEFA docked us points for not fulfilling the fixture.

PandaBear! likes this.
  10. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I say if if happens and we are forced to play, we just play keep ball, make no effort to score and just annoy the hell out of the crowd and make the game a non event.

11. StevenW92

Regular

Up until the last couple of years that’s usually how our game went anyway.

12. Garrett

Someone translated a 43 minute interview with Messi in this thread if anyone is interested.

13. Platy

Sam

[​IMG]

SamLevi11, RobbieBerns and Garrett L. like this.
  14. orangehorizon

Trusted

I don't think UEFA would do this. It would be a huge PR disaster for them.
    And even when going by the rules the most they could do is probably grant the opponents the victory.

15. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Has anyone seen the new Maradona documentary from HBO? I'm only about 20 minutes in, but it's pretty amazing; same guy who did the Senna documentary back in 2011.

16. The rumor that came out today was Milan wanting to swap Franck Kessie for Eric Dier.

I don't believe but I hope it's true haha

17. Kane
    Sterling Dele Sancho
    Winks Henderson
    Chilwell Maguire Keane TAA

I’d like to see this England XI

18. Platy

Sam

Why would Dele play when he's been in bad form for months and is no longer out best option in AM?

Madison or Mount are much better options for England these days.

Nick likes this.
  19. Well, this was assuming everyone is in good form. Dele at his best is certainly the starter.

20. StevenW92

Regular

Mings over Keane for me. It’s a real shame Madison pulled out of the squad as he’s by far the best option in the no10 role.

AFoolsGlory and Platy like this.
  21. Platy

Sam

Madison is better than Dele when both at their best.

Nick and SamLevi11 like this.
  22. Garrett

I know it's Cuba, but it's nice to see the USMNT doing literally anything positive on the pitch. 3-0 in the first 8 minutes. 2 goals, 1 assist for McKennie. 1 goal, 2 assists for Morris.

Honestly just glad to see Sargeant on the pitch.

23. Garrett

McKennie has a 12 minute hat-trick, so that's cool.

24. StevenW92

Regular

England line up is awful. Rashford and Trippier ffs.

PandaBear! likes this.
  25. JM95

Trusted

I don't know what Trent has to do to get in the England team.

awakeohsleeper and PandaBear! like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.