Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Men's Soccer (Football) Thread [ARCHIVED] Soccer • Page 254

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Garrett, Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

After Suarez and Willian had their volleys during the midweek UCL games, this beauty is somehow only the third best volley I’ve seen this week:

2. Garrett

Benzema scores less than two minutes in. Ronaldo leaving is the best thing that's ever happened to his career. Bale with an absolute peach of an assist.

3. JM95

Trusted

I don't really have any Spanish club preferences apart from enjoying Real Madrid struggle. I tend to just watch whichever games are on when I'm not doing anything.

I'm interested to watch Sevilla and Real Sociedad develop this season though. I really want Oliver Torres in particular to fulfill his potential more. I've had my eye on him for what feels like a long time now.

Garrett L. likes this.
  4. Garrett

I've loved watching Sevilla for years. After they signed so many over the summer, including him, I was curious to see how it would all break out for them, but it seems to be doing alright. The Sevilla-Betis derby is one of the most exciting in the world atmospherically for me.

JM95 likes this.
  5. jbaseball44

Who Watches The Watchmen? Supporter

do Tottenham fans have POB (Poch out boys) and PKB (Poch Knows Best) yet?

6. JM95

Trusted

Lovren having a pretty good first half. Always an error in him though and will have to expect Rodgers to change something second half because Vardy's isolated and barely in the game.

Mane is something else. Excellent defensively vs Chilwell and scored pretty much as soon as Klopp moved him back to the left.

Zoshchenko likes this.
  7. Garrett

Casemiro, on a yellow, commits a clear red card offense and doesn’t get sent off. It’s baffling how good he is at getting away with it.

orangehorizon and Nick like this.
  8. Garrett

Granada, down 3-0, has gotten it back to 3-2 with 12+stoppage left. Been chippy af this half.

9. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

Let’s go!!! 2-1 Liverpool

JM95 likes this.
  10. JM95

Trusted

Mane to the end causing panic for the opposition.

11. jbaseball44

I would say that was jammy but Liverpool deserved the 3 points

J.C. likes this.
  12. Platy

Sam

4 points clear, game in hand. We've found our level.

13. Lloris diagnosed with a dislocated elbow. No fractures which is pretty surprising. But god damn that was hard to watch. Hope he recovers quickly.

Nick likes this.
  14. There’s just a very awkward environment at Spurs right now. There’s a handful of players that either asked to be sold or were told they were going to be sold but they ended up staying. Combine that with every new signing dealing with some type of injury and the squad is so stale. It’s a really weird season. Part of it is on Poch. Part of it is on Levy. Part of it is on the players. I think the club will continue to back Poch for as long as possible and I don’t anticipate him being sacked anytime soon. A new manager won’t solve the current problems. We need the January window to come as fast as possible. Dump off the dead weight of players that want out and bring in another player or two.

orangehorizon and Joe4th like this.
  15. I’m just scared we’re gonna end up with Mourinho.

16. orangehorizon

Trusted

I have the same issue like you with the Bundesliga. Nobody here seems to really follow it (I know some of you are watching games now and then) and thus it just feels kinda weird to constantly post something about it so I don't do it.

And also, I second your paragraph about Keylor Navas.

Garrett L. likes this.
  17. I want to watch more soccer but I barely have time for PL and CL. Grad school + work is a killer.

orangehorizon likes this.
  18. orangehorizon

Trusted

And just if you did not know, right know there are 5 teams level on points at the top of the Bundesliga. Gladbach can even take the lead tomorrow with a win against Augsburg. If they draw however, it will be six teams level with 14 points each.
    Just in case you did not know how competitive Buli is right now.

awakeohsleeper and PandaBear! like this.
  19. The competition to see who can be the shittiest PL club is pretty intense as well

orangehorizon, JM95 and Joe4th like this.
  20. T.J.

music and baseball.

got damn wolves...

PandaBear! likes this.
  21. JM95

Trusted

Eight point lead going into the October international break. Decent.

22. jbaseball44

another dire performance from Emery's Arsenal

23. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

what the hell happened with city??

24. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

What in gods name did Mourinho see in Dalot and Fred? They’re horrendous footballers.

25. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

McTominay should be off. Another plus for VAR...

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.