Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Men's Soccer (Football) Thread [ARCHIVED] Soccer • Page 241

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Garrett, Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. This is going to be a loss for sure

2. This has been awful to watch

3. knew this one was gonna be tough but i figured we’d be fine after going 0-2 up

4. A draw is the result I expected going into the game but holy shit did we deserve to lose.

Joe4th likes this.
  5. Spurs gonna Spur

Richter915 likes this.
  6. T.J.

music and baseball.

So much for the English teams cake walking through groups, huh?

Richter915 and orangehorizon like this.
  7. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

What a mess of a game

8. T.J.

music and baseball.

Mahrez!

9. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

Cracking goal by Di Maria

10. T.J.

music and baseball.

Gundogan!

11. orangehorizon

Trusted

We are wasting way too many chances. This should be 4-0 already at least.

12. T.J.

music and baseball.

Jesus!

13. orangehorizon

Trusted

Regarding the result of Olympiacos-Spurs: Right after the draw I said to a friend of mine when discussing the difficulties of the groups that playing away to Olympiacos and Red Star will be tough and in no way an easy victory. The result today only confirms my thought. On paper it should be an easy win but that's not how football works.

14. Yeah, I was happy with the result. That place was so loud. And Olympiacos played very well. But we looked like utter shit. So many terrible passes. They easily could’ve won that game by a couple goals.

orangehorizon likes this.
  15. orangehorizon

Trusted

I only watched the last 20 minutes of the game, both teams were absolutely equal. It could have been either way from what I saw.

16. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

Other than City, did anyone think that the English teams would walk their groups? The other three all got drawn against at least one team who could do them some damage.

PandaBear! likes this.
  17. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

So unlucky :tear:

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  18. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

Peter Beardsley is looking like a poorly educated old dinosaur right now. :tear:

PandaBear! likes this.
  19. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Hey city have a long standing rivalry with Shakhtar

20. T.J.

music and baseball.

It seemed like that’s all the reports were about. Not really my own personal prediction.

21. “We’re not young anymore, we’re not inexperienced. We’ve played in big games, I can see why the manager is frustrated, he’s been here six years and we’re making similar mistakes to the first year”.

I'm glad Kane said finally said this. Poch has clearly been frustrated during this poor run (which started at the end of last season). And everyone just calls Poch grumpy and assumes he's leaving, which if this play keeps up I don't blame him. I think Kane coming out and saying this could be a positive for the team. We needed to hear it from someone else. These players have been so underwhelming. They are clearly more talented than the crap we've seen recently.

orangehorizon, Joe4th and PandaBear! like this.
  22. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I do wonder if Zidane doesn't keep his place at Real, does Poch reject Real again?

The good news is, I think Spurs is a much more attractive job for managers now than it has been ever really, so top managers may want to go there.

23. The big rumor is that if he leaves (I’m still not convinced he has even come close to doing so) that his replacement would be Mourinho lol

24. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

United front 4 of Rashford, Greenwood, Gomes & Chong tonight :eyes:

williek311 likes this.
  25. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Haven’t seen us dominate a team like that in a long time.

we’re still utter shit at creating chances though. 0-0

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.