Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Men's Soccer (Football) Thread [ARCHIVED] Soccer • Page 239

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Garrett, Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Refreshing to see us play like this. It’s been awhile.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  2. Aurier with 2 assists. Someone wake me up.

3. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Oh my fucking god why does Ole hate subs?

PandaBear! likes this.
  4. PandaBear! Sep 14, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 14, 2019)
    PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Chelsea now have the worst defence in the league, but Tammy Abraham has currently outscored 15 of the 20 PL teams. No dull moments this season that's for sure, just give us a nice 2-0 win or something please :anguish::crylaugh:

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  5. T.J.

music and baseball.

Pukki is pretty good at this game.

6. jbaseball44

Who Watches The Watchmen? Supporter

lets see what kind of defensive shitty XI Emery runs out today. guy is probably somehow convincing himself that Watford are break Barca despite being in total disarray

7. Nick Sep 15, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 15, 2019)
    Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

So the new PES released. About a month ago they released a demo and it was fantastic, once I re-learned how to play, it felt quite close to a real game of football.

The full game released last Tuesday and well the final release is fecking awful. They completely changed how the game plays compared to the demo. They ruined player switching even more and it’s insanely scripted. Pretty much any free kick the AI gets within 30 yards goes in. It’s so disappointing cause the demo was so good.

Ugh and Fifa 20 plays exactly like 19. Shit year.

PandaBear! likes this.
  8. jbaseball44

Emery with a not shit XI today, wow

9. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Yerry Mina has been hilariously shit today.

10. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Watford are awful. Still can’t understand the logic of sacking Gracia for Flores.

11. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

What exactly were Arsenal and Emery thinking signing Luiz? What a disaster of a football player. He’s such an idiot.

RobbieBerns likes this.
  12. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

That second half from Arsenal was probably worse than anything we’ve produced this season and we’ve been baaaaad. Not a single player out there in red gave a good account of themselves. I would say both Sokratis and Luiz need to be dropped cause they aren’t good enough but they don’t have anyone else.

also uh why did Emery take off 3/4's of Arsenal's midfield?

13. JM95

Trusted

I love watching Arsenal.

14. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

[​IMG]

A classic.

jmitch0906 and AFoolsGlory like this.
  15. Emery’s face is so perfect for Arsenal.

16. JM95

Trusted

Oof

17. jbaseball44

cause he’s clueless and out of his depth. everyone else is just warming to the idea now but it’s been obvious from the start

18. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I wanted Emery out at the end of last season but this is ridiculous. He needs to go. We haven't put a single good performance together in about 7 months.

orangehorizon likes this.
  19. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Lol, I rage-deleted the demo 'cause I would play as Arsenal on the highest difficulty and I found it so easy to restrict the other team (we're talking 0 shots conceded whole game) but I could not score at ALL! I had six consecutive 0-0's lmao, just binned it after that. Agreed that it played well though, PES has been better than FIFA for a couple years at least so it's a shame that the new one sucks.

20. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Yeah it’s tough to score in the demo. The game length is far too short for a decent game. I played it on PC though so modded in longer games and it makes it a lot better.

in the full game, if you give away a free kick pretty much anywhere inside 30 yards the computer will score. Defending is a LOT harder in the full game too.

PandaBear! likes this.
  21. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

The keepers had mental reflexes and it drove me insane - I'd create decent chances but things you'd expect to score from in the previous games (e.g. an elite striker like Auba using a finesse shot from 10 yards out to try and place it in) would all be saved relatively comfortably. My brother will still buy it so I will just play his copy when I can rather than buy it.

And I feel like AI free-kicks like that are a classic thing in all football games. FM is a killer for it sometimes - whenever I'm at a level defensively where I try and get the achievement for less than 10 goals conceded in a season, I will only ever concede free-kicks. It's like the game amps up their ability to score those because your team isn't conceding from open play and you have very little control over stopping free kicks beyond not giving them away in the first place!

22. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Any one in here use the FuboTV app to watch footy?

23. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

I decided to do Sling this year because it’ll be easier for my dad to use on his smart tv.

I pay for that ESPN+ and I’m debating on B/R Live again. I doubt City get any group stage games on tv.

24. TheGuyfkaFringeofLunacy

Trusted Supporter

I have PS Vue, really happy they added back in BeIn this year, between Vue and ESPN+ I get pretty much everything I want. Champions League and non-televised PL matches I will still rely on streams for as I refuse to pay for those services after they have been free for so long.

RobbieBerns likes this.
  25. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Slavia Praha score!

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.