Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Men's Soccer (Football) Thread [ARCHIVED] Soccer • Page 237

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Garrett, Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Most boring banter ever I presume

2. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

The only new bit is that Owen is claiming Shearer nearly signed for Liverpool. Otherwise it's the same old same old.

Owen has shown a total lack of self awareness as to why anyone involved with Newcastle thinks he's a tool. Shearer tried to illuminate the situation for him, by sending him a link of an interview Own did for BT last year. Owen then claims Shearer was going to leave for Liverpool and tries to have a pop at Shearer about loyalty.

Pretty embarrassing all around, tbh.

I like Shearer. Think he's a good pundit (even if he can be a proper grump), but I don't enjoy how often he picks fights on twitter.

As for Owen, just get back to your horses. Arse.

awakeohsleeper and Nick like this.
  3. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Owen talking about loyalty is hilarious. Wonder where he keeps his premier league medal?

4. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

What about y’all? Haters never saw me coming for that trophy in Turkey.

5. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

I moved to Valencia for 69m because I was overshadowed at my old club lol

Garrett L. likes this.
  6. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Celtic (:verysad:) for 48m as I had friends already playing for the club lol. Me + Broony go way back :muscle:

Garrett L. likes this.
  7. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

Moved to Atletico where i’m wearing the number 94 for 88M after falling out with my old teammates. Super weird because 94 is my birth year and is the jersey number I always go with in sport video games create a player.

Garrett L. likes this.
  8. I transferred to Barca for 38m because I had fallout with teammates. Wearing #71.

Garrett L. likes this.
  9. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

My agent engineered a move to AC Milan for $51 million, wearing jersey number 69, nice.

Photo attached for proof of number lol

Attached Files:

PandaBear! and Garrett L. like this.
  10. Garrett

Me and Robbie on those big boy transfer wages.

RobbieBerns likes this.
  11. Platy

Sam

My agent engineered a move to Porto for £11m...

Nick and Garrett L. like this.
  12. Garrett

I’ll get you in touch with my agent.

13. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Club Brugge for €71m. #62.

I feel... cheated

Garrett L. likes this.
  14. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Moved to Arsenal (gag) for 50m because Unai Emery has always been a fan. #40

Garrett L. likes this.
  15. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Moved to Monaco for 93m, because it has better weather, and I will wear shirt 78.

Garrett L. likes this.
  16. Garrett

Tbh I’d move to Monaco for better weather too

17. MrCon

Gone to Barca for £11m because my agent engineered it. Bargain if you ask me. Wearing the 85 shirt, I'm sure to start!

18. Garrett

I’m just glad to see none of us are monsters with low battery percentages. That gives me hives.

SamLevi11 likes this.
  19. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

From an old relationship where I got moaned at if my phone died and I couldn't reply in 20 minutes, even 7 years later I get legit anxiety if my phone drops below 60%. Always leave with it 90%+

orangehorizon and Garrett L. like this.
  20. Garrett

Well they sound awful.

I just have Issues.

21. MrCon

Speaking of awful, anyone else seen Inter's fan response to the Lukaku incident?

orangehorizon and PandaBear! like this.
  22. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Yep. Italian ultras are the worst. I've been to Cagliari, amongst other Italian cities, and didn't think it was any more or less racist, so seeing Cagliari have this issue is strange.

23. StevenW92

Regular

Garry Monk appointed Sheffield Wednesday manager. Not the worse appointment, he had decent records at Middlesbrough, Swansea and Birmingham. I think we might struggle to break in to the top 10 this season anyway.

awakeohsleeper and PandaBear! like this.
  24. I just saw the trailer for the HBO doc on Maradona. Looks awesome.

25. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Want to be watching out with the signings he makes. He's currently being sued by Middlesbrough, with evidence provided by Birmingham. I'm very surprised he's been hired, would have thought he'd have been blacklisted. Plus I'm not sure he's as good as his record might suggest. None of my mates (all Boro fans) have anything good to say about him.

Edit: a link to the story for anyone interested - https://www-gazettelive-co-uk.cdn.a.../garry-monk-issues-lengthy-statement-16551204

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.