Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Men's Soccer (Football) Thread [ARCHIVED] Soccer • Page 236

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Garrett, Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. JM95 Sep 1, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 1, 2019)
    JM95

Trusted

Pochettino didn't seem to have a clear plan of how to control the match second half. Spurs should've stuck to playing direct instead of playing out from the back where they put themselves under too much pressure for little gain. It would've at the very least forced Arsenal to have to continually start their build up from the back rather than in the Spurs half.

Emery responded better, although the very sight of Mhkitaryan coming on was pretty funny.

2. jbaseball44

Who Watches The Watchmen? Supporter

Mkhi over Özil/Nelson was really strange.

3. That game was a shit show lol

Joe4th likes this.
  4. I’m fucking over Sissoko. We’ve dropped so many points because that dumbass can’t get a shot on goal if his life depended on it.

MrCon and Joe4th like this.
  5. JM95

Trusted

Surprised you ever even got on board with him. Although to be fair he was doing overtime trying to cover your RB slot today.

Lo Celso looked good when he came on.

6. Sissoko is pretty good in the middle of the field. He makes great passes setting up the attack and he’s physical on the ball. He does several things very well. But good lord when he gets near the box it’s an absolute disaster.

7. The team is going to be so much better when Lo Celso and NDombele are fully integrated into the squad.

8. jbaseball44

totally agree with JM here, shocked the Spurs fan base was conned into rating Sissoko cause of a few competent games last season. Lo Celso needs to play

Nick likes this.
  9. I would say just about every Spurs fan was happy to upgrade from him in the transfer window. He’s better than other fan bases give him credit but his flaws bring down his strengths to the point where he becomes a liability.

10. Poch hates the drama haha

11. Ok I’ll stop posting after this one lol

Pepe is a frustrating player to watch. It’s clear he has immense talent. But he isn’t very smart with the ball right now. So many times he just dribbles forever and does a million step overs only to turn it over. I thought the NBCSN guys were right in that Arsenal are slowly replicating the Liverpool blueprint. They have 3 great attackers and some promising mids. Next summer they need to spend big on a CB and then look at upgrading at keeper. If they can do that they’ll be very good.

12. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

I've watched two Spurs games in a row now and they really don't look anywhere near as good as I would have expected. Both goals yesterday were gifts and they don't look solid defensively. Sanchez is looking more and more of a donkey. They seem way off where they were last season.

Also, what does Xhaka have on the referees? He was blundering about, knocking lumps out of Spurs all game and somehow didn't get a booking until injury time.

13. I was confused why we were getting so many yellows and barely any going to Arsenal. The yellows to Spurs were deserved. That isn’t my gripe. But it seemed weird the fouls Arsenal committed weren’t given the same punishment.

14. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Xhaka deserved a yellow much earlier, but how Winks didn't get a second yellow for grabbing Sokratis and initiating that fight I don't know. And don't even get me started on Alli.

I thought both teams were awful defensively but we 100% should have won that game. Pepe needs to relax a little and stop snatching at chances, cause it isn't quite coming off for him yet, but Lacazette's workrate and determination is unbelievable, winning tackles and 50/50's against bigger players and continually dropping deep to help out.

scottlechowicz likes this.
  15. AFoolsGlory Sep 2, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 2, 2019)
    AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Things might not be going great for United at the minute, but Ole/ the board are doing a great job of clearing out the deadwood. That's now Sanchez, Darmian, Lukaku (not deadwood but someone clearly unwanted), one of our CB's (probably not the one you'd want to lose of that bunch, but still).

Finally getting some wages off the books rather than just letting them rot.

16. I was shocked Winks didn't get a second yellow there. I don't think he solely initiated the altercation. Both guys were playing physical and it escalated. Regardless, Winks was deserving of another yellow.

17. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I'd have booked them both. I didn't realise Sokratis hadn't been booked already, I just assume he has at all times.

Nick and Swoos like this.
  18. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Mkhitaryan off to Roma? They managed to last the exact same amount of time and then both fucked off to Serie A :crylaugh:

AFoolsGlory likes this.
  19. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

We’ve reached the first international break of the season and the most exciting things about the season so far is, three other top six sides can’t defend and we’ve actually sold some people. Madness.

AFoolsGlory likes this.
  20. jbaseball44

makes him coming off the bench yesterday even stranger. cant believe Roma are covering his wages

21. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Deadline day transfers are flying around Spain right now.

Rafinha on loan to Celtic Vigo.
    Keylor Navas to PSG.

22. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

That Sanchez - Mhiki deal is possibly the worst transfer ever.

Sanchez leaves a place he was loved to go to United and join an even worse team, where he breaks the wage structure which could cause massive damage in the long run. Mhiki is just fucking useless and does nothing to justify his wages and they both end up being loaned to Italian clubs 18 months later.

orangehorizon and PandaBear! like this.
  23. Son - Kane - Erisken
    NDombele - Winks - Lo Celso
    Sessegnon - Jan - Toby- Foyth

I can’t wait until this is a thing

24. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

idk if Sessegnon's future is at LB, seems much more suited to a LW role imo.

Nick likes this.
  25. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

Shearer and Owen going at it on Twitter isn't a pretty sight.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.