Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Men's Soccer (Football) Thread [ARCHIVED] Soccer • Page 234

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Garrett, Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. orangehorizon

Trusted

What was the context of the question? Just whether he would quit if they lost the next match?

2. orangehorizon

Trusted

Just read this on reddit: Eden Hazard played in 33% of Chelsea's Europa League campaign, and scored in one of their 15 matches. Named Europa League Player of the Season.

Just another instance of a player winning an individual award by name alone. The same happened to Messi winning best forward of the CL this year or Marta making the Top 3 of the Ballon d'Or shortlist in the last 5 years or David Luiz being in the FIFA XI of the year in the last 5 years. Individual awards are kinda useless for a team sport like football but with these kind of decisions they become even more useless.

Nick, PandaBear! and awakeohsleeper like this.
  3. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Giroud robbed! 11 goals and 5 assists with a winners medal at the end, deserved POTY 100%.

awakeohsleeper and bobby_runs like this.
  4. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I am very much not confident today. Think we will scrape a draw.

5. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Yup. 8 minutes in and we are second best.

6. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

I'll never feel comfortable with Pogba in a midfield 2.

7. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

1-0 James. Another cracker.

8. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Regretting not getting him in on FPL now. 3 this season, looks a real prospect.

9. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Mata has been here, what 6 years now? It's crazy that he looks so much better at #10. Who knew?

RobbieBerns likes this.
  10. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Oh good. Only United players are allowed be booked for diving.

11. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Another utterly shite half. Shit first 10. Decent 20 minutes after that then all gone to shit the last 15.

12. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Absolutely bizarre that we got rid of Smalling

13. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Woeful. Utterly woeful. Solskjaer will be gone before October I’d say. He has to.

14. One of the English media outlets made up a rumor that he was going to leave the club, win or lose, because he is so unhappy. So they asked him if the rumor of him quitting after the game was true and he said the rumor was stupid lol

It’s just disrespectful to constantly ask him about other clubs and if he’s leaving. It’ll happen several more times this year. I’m not saying he’ll never leave, but please stop asking him about it in the middle of season.

Although if I were him I’d consider my position the perfect job. He’s at a big club that has mild success, potential for more success, and he doesn’t have huge expectations to live up to. Unless things go way south his job is safe as long as he wants it.

orangehorizon likes this.
  15. They need to change the VAR rule. Saying they won’t change a call unless it’s “a clear or obvious error” sounds nice but doesn’t always work. Last week Dean didn’t call the penalty on the Kane foul. He said he didn’t see it well enough to make a call so he wanted VAR to look. VAR said they looked at it and didn’t want to overturn Dean. So the guy who didn’t see it decided the call.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  16. T.J.

music and baseball.

17. Grealish would be a perfect Spurs player lol

18. JM95

Trusted

Don't think opponents need to worry about conceding first against Chelsea this season. They can't manage the second half of a game at all.

AFoolsGlory likes this.
  19. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Another awful day for VAR. Robbed Villa and Tielemans should have gotten a straight red.

20. I really don’t get the point of going to VAR and the response is they don’t wanna overturn the on-field ref. The whole point is to correct their mistakes.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  21. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

Look at how today’s results panned out and give me a good reason to believe that United is any better than Leicester or West Ham. Forget about how silly that sentence sounds and tell me why you would back this Manchester United squad to finish higher than either of those two sides. Throw Wolves into that mix as well, maybe even Everton.

22. JM95

Trusted

I think the best change they could make to VAR is to put it completely in the hands of the referee. If he wants something checked then he calls for it like in rugby. No VAR officials stopping the game so they can check something, maybe apart from mistaken identity. The stops in play are ridiculous.

awakeohsleeper and Swoos like this.
  23. T.J.

music and baseball.

RobbieBerns likes this.
  24. So all week everything you read claims Spurs are in a terrible place and no one is happy. Fans freaking out about it.

Today the team posts pictures of players training. They’re all smiling and look happy. Fans respond with “they better not be too relaxed” haha

Fans are never happy

Zoshchenko and Joe4th like this.
  25. Jeff

Regular Prestigious

I’ve never watched a less inspiring on field product in my life than this year’s Houston Dynamo team. Including the Owen Coyle era, so you know that’s saying something.

Just shut this team down. What a disgrace.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.