Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Men's Soccer (Football) Thread [ARCHIVED] Soccer • Page 227

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Garrett, Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

The rule changes technically occurred after Llorente's goal - I think it was at the end of last season. And we have to remember that the PL are using VAR in a (slightly) different way to UEFA/CL... so they say anyway.

2. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I agree. I like Abraham quite a good bit, I think he'll go on to have a good premier league career if his confidence doesn't get too shot from this period. However, he's no Firmino. He's not a top 6 striker at the moment and the fact it's between him and Giroud is very bad for Chelsea.

That's why I thought they might have signed Higuain when they had the chance. He wasn't good last year but he's still better than those two.

I think one thing that is massive for Liverpool as well is your full backs. They have almost free reign to go up and help the front three. Their engines and speed allow them to do that and don't totally leave them open at the back. Emerson, and Azpilicueta don't have the engines your full backs do, and that leaves them open as well.

It's interesting to think hoe he'll turn it around. They should be good enough to beat the bottom sides, but their style of play leaves them quite open and even the bottom sides can break at speed and exploit the spaces they leave open. Better sides could have a field day against them if they keep playing like that

3. JM95

Trusted

We're also careful in how we cover our full backs and bring them into position. It's something Klopp and his staff probably don't get enough credit for - when the instant attack isn't on, it goes back, the full backs move up according to when they're covered by a midfielder (hence why we need runners in midfield) and we get superiority around the ball before we progress it forward so we can cover and press if the ball is lost. That side's actually been a little sloppy since we started pre-season but it's still way ahead of Chelsea.

Not that it helps them that Jorginho is genuinely a shocking defender.

awakeohsleeper and Nick like this.
  4. JM95

Trusted

Quick attacking lineup from Man United. Be interesting to see how they get on against a Wolves side that will presumably try to take their space away.

5. I like that United lineup

6. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Can see both teams sitting back tonight.

7. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

James' speed looks honestly hilarious on TV.

8. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

James getting booed because a Wolves player fouled him? :crylaugh:

9. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

We're asleep on the ball. No cohesion going forward. Lingard needs to show up more in the centre.

10. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Booked for diving after getting clipped. Classic Moss.

11. Wolves consistently making terrible passes

12. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

We're doing quite well to cut off their options. McTominay and Pogba doing a MUCH better job than the first half against Chelsea.

13. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Absolutely blatant cheating from Moutinho trying to get Pogba sent off.

14. JM95

Trusted

Hopefully at half time Nuno will remember to tell his players what he wants them to do when they win the ball because it looks like he forgot to so far.

15. jbaseball44

Who Watches The Watchmen? Supporter

pretty dire first half overall besides that gorgeous finish from Martial.

16. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

So Adama Traore has put on a fair bit of muscle. He's huge.

17. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Aaand we've completely opened up.

18. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Moss is a joke.

19. jbaseball44

Who Watches The Watchmen? Supporter

what a fucking goal from Neves, wow

20. Nick Aug 19, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 19, 2019)
    Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Of fucking course they score after that free kick.

Two players offside in front of the goalkeeper too. Edit: bad angle they weren't in front of them

Still fucking fuming because Moss managed to miss an obvious corner to us and the dive in the lead up to their goal. He's hopeless.

21. T.J.

music and baseball.

two really nice goals in this one

22. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Fuck off Pogba you prat

PandaBear! likes this.
  23. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Oh my god make a substitution please! :crylaugh:

RobbieBerns and AFoolsGlory like this.
  24. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

this game has been dire except for like three specific instances

25. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

It's been a peak United second half.

I can't believe it's taken 80 fucking minutes to make a sub.

AFoolsGlory likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.