Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Men's Soccer (Football) Thread [ARCHIVED] Soccer • Page 223

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Garrett, Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Although I just saw Clarke hasn’t been playing for Leeds. Very strange they asked for him back this season and then signed someone to take his spot.

2. PandaBear! likes this.
  3. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

The only thing I have changed my mind about this weekend is that United will be fifth and Chelsea sixth, and Brighton are much better than I thought.

Love Chelsea fans taking the piss about us signing David Luiz when they have that mess of a CB pairing.

4. Chelsea just have no depth because of the ban. I don’t think they’ll be top 7. But then the ban will be shortened. They’ll spend a shit ton of money next summer. Have no midweek games. And win the league title because they’ll be healthier and fresher than everyone else.

5. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

As much as I dislike Chelsea, I'd love Frank Lampard to succeed. I can easily see something like that happening. It was such a conflicting time for me when he managed Derby. I'm meant to 'hate' Derby but I really respect their manager... haha!

I wonder if he has been given any minimum targets or whether he does have the space to just try and get through this season as best as the squad he has can do.

6. I would hope the club has realistic expectations for him. They are very clearly weaker than the top teams. And he’s a club legend. It’d be a terrible look to run him off after a bad season when he had little to work with (I don’t think they’d do that btw).

awakeohsleeper likes this.

7. Yeah, that’ll really teach them a lesson....

8. KrisArronNev

Trusted

Some big upsets on the cards in Europe tonight (as it stands).

9. TheGuyfkaFringeofLunacy

Trusted Supporter

I mean relative to the punishment Chelsea received this is fair. We were found guilty of from what I have seen anywhere from 1 case to 4 cases (2 youth players) and we also admitted guilt. Chelsea had 92 cases investigated with 29 of those being found guilty and never admitted guilt from what I am seeing.

Now if we are arguing that any guilty case should bring about a transfer ban then sure but if we are talking about in comparison to Chelsea's case it makes sense.

10. orangehorizon

Trusted

Great pass from Pulisic

bobby_runs likes this.
  11. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Very good first half from CFC. Pulisic has played very well but Kanté is still the king - him nutmegging Milner is trending No.1 worldwide on twitter right now I think :crylaugh:

12. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

Firmino :heart:

13. orangehorizon

Trusted

Fantastic double save from Kepa

PandaBear! likes this.
  14. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

So Chelsea are still good huh?

Great to see the linesman just completely ignore the new penalty rules though.

PandaBear! likes this.
  15. orangehorizon

Trusted

If you are referring to the handball in the first half, that was more on the VAR than any of the field refs. Given the new (stupid) rules I also thought this should be a penalty. But when using common sense then I am glad this was not called.

16. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

This Campeones Cup match is a fun one

JeanRalphio likes this.
  17. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Theme foot on the line during penalties moreso. Looked like both keepers were jumping off the line.

18. TheGuyfkaFringeofLunacy

Trusted Supporter

On the more local soccer news front, this was finally announced today and man am I pumped about this.

Joe4th and gonz (Alex) like this.
  19. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

What is NISA? Is it like a feeder series to MLS or something?

20. TheGuyfkaFringeofLunacy

Trusted Supporter

It is a Division 3 league completely out of the MLS and USL loop that is for more independent minded clubs that don't want to sell their rights to their club to a single entity system. Has no expansion fees, no spending rules, no territory rights, clubs own the league, and a few other smaller things.

PandaBear! likes this.
  21. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Coutinho suddenly dropped from Barcelona squad seventy minutes before kick off with rumors surfacing he’s off to Bayern on a loan.

orangehorizon likes this.
  22. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Fuck sake pogba

23. jbaseball44

Who Watches The Watchmen? Supporter

Made to wait again for Pepe’s full debut and with Liverpool away next week i can’t imagine he starts their either

24. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Jesus I just saw Aduriz's goal last night. What a banger.

Garrett L. likes this.
  25. jbaseball44

Who Watches The Watchmen? Supporter

Ceballos has been quite good today, doing his best Cazorla impression

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.