Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Men's Soccer (Football) Thread [ARCHIVED] Soccer • Page 206

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Garrett, Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

What a fucking piece of shit.

awakeohsleeper and PandaBear! like this.
  2. Looks like Sessegnon to Spurs is finally happening

3. JM95

Trusted

Absolutely horrendous.

Think we're going to suffer more from this sort of thing this season. Teams will have extra incentive to disrupt and 'compete' against the Champions League winners. Another reason why we need some signings.

4. :hearteyes:

Joe4th and awakeohsleeper like this.
  5. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

That really is poor. I guess he won't face any further action because it's a friendly, which is a shame, because that is a disgraceful way to act. Shithouse.

Nick likes this.
  6. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I remember Scholes and Rooney got banned for competitive games after a red in a friendly. But I doubt anything will happen to him unfortunately.

7. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Is that the Sevilla player on Liverpool? Sevilla almost instantly issued an apology. So that player probably is facing lots of internal stuff.

8. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

As they should. It's a disgraceful thing for a player to do to a fellow professional. Never mind a 17 year old.

Also interesting how he took it out on the kid rather than Lovren. Big big man.

9. MrCon

One of the other Seville players has a little nibble at him before the second guy flattens him too. From the BBC report, it sounds like it was quite a bad tempered match. Talk of someone elbowing one of the teens in the first half too.

10. Garrett

Ronaldo officially won’t be criminally charged with rape because she waited too long to reopen the case.

But I also wonder if they just tired of trying to serve him. They tried for over a year but Juventus and his personal staff kept him from the process server.

11. Garrett

12. Platy

Sam

From the TMZ article...

"Prosecutors described the situation in detail ...

"On June 13, 2009, a female victim ('V') placed a call to the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department and reported that she had been the victim of sexual assault. Members of law enforcement responded to her location to take a crime report. Police transported V to the hospital so that a sexual assault examination could be conducted."

"A short time later, sexual assault detectives arrived at the hospital and made contact with V. Although she knew who the person was who assaulted her, V refused to identify him or disclose where the crime occurred. As a result, the police were unable to follow investigative protocols for sexual assault cases or to conduct any meaningful investigation. Without knowing the identity of the perpetrator or the location of the crime, detectives were unable to search for and impound vital forensic evidence. In addition, video evidence, showing interactions between the victim and perpetrator before and after the alleged crime, was lost. The criminal investigation was closed."

"V and Cristiano Ronaldo, through their respective attorneys, eventually reached a civil settlement related to this matter in 2010. For the next eight years, law enforcement heard nothing more from V regarding the crime or the perpetrator."

"On August 28, 2018, V contacted the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department, asking that her sexual assault investigation be reopened, naming Cristiano Ronaldo as the offender. In spite of the passage of over nine years, Metro investigated her allegations."

"A Request for Prosecution was submitted to the District Attorney’s Office on July 8, 2019. Based upon a review of the information presented at this time, the allegations of sexual assault against Cristiano Ronaldo cannot be proven beyond a reasonable doubt. Therefore, no charges will be forthcoming."

13. Why do transfers drag out so long? It’s insane.

14. KrisArronNev

Trusted

There's a domino like effect which means some clubs hold more power in the market than others. Once a bigger club decides on their moves, smaller clubs follow suit. It's just a case of waiting.

15. MrCon

We've just dumped £40m on a 22 year old from Hoffenheim. I hope he hits the ground running, because we are woefully short up front and I'd be amazed if we bring any other quality players in this summer.

16. Asensio with an ACL injury

Is the Ceballos deal official? I bet they’d wanna keep him now.

17. Swoos Jul 24, 2019
    (Last edited: Jul 24, 2019)

Why not do an Eriksen for Dybala swap? Seems like it'd help both clubs.

Joe4th likes this.
  18. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Spurs are a dirty fucking team.

19. kidwithhelmet

WELCOME THRILLHO Supporter

Incorrect.

20. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

21. United cry after every tackle

Nothing has been dirty.

Joe4th and kidwithhelmet like this.
  22. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Sissoko stamped on one of our players in a pre season game.

You Spurs fans are pathetic.

23. Oh yeah that was so clearly on purpose....

Joe4th likes this.
  24. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Spurs aren't dirty tho. He just accidentally leaned back and accidentally stamped on him.

25. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

See the second sentence of my last post.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.