Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Men's Soccer (Football) Thread [ARCHIVED] Soccer • Page 204

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Garrett, Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

I’m holding comments on the City third kit until I start seeing it on normal people in normal settings.

2. KrisArronNev

Trusted

Yes, you're correct. St. Etienne want him back on loan for next season.

3. StevenW92

Regular

Bruce resigned. Looks like Newcastle will pay us £4 million in compensation. Disastrous time to lose a manager. Hope we’ve got someone lined up quickly. Apparently Chris Hughton has already turned the job down. Would like us to give Paul Cook a go.

4. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

PandaBear! likes this.
  5. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

That City jersey is just as horrendous as when Barca wore it 7 years ago

6. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Trippier to Atletico appears to be happening today.

7. Curious if we bring in anyone to replace him.

8. KrisArronNev Jul 16, 2019
    (Last edited: Jul 17, 2019)
    KrisArronNev

Trusted

Sebastian Haller is having a medical at West Ham. I sure hope Everton have someone better lined up because £45m is a snip for someone like him.

9. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Got a cheap United jersey and Italia 90 Ireland reproduction jersey from China today. Amazing quality.

PandaBear! likes this.
  10. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Bailly is a horrendous footballer.

11. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Greenwood, Gomes, and Chong all turning in excellent performances to dick around Leeds :-)

12. jbaseball44

Who Watches The Watchmen? Supporter

sounds like Saliba and Ceballos are close to arsenal, Tierney also. not a bad bit of business even though Saliba is going back on loan for a year (ive admittedly seen him play 1 time I think, but he seems highly rated). still need to get in another CB for this year and a winger (Zaha or Everton), and get a new manager.

13. Is Arsenal getting an option to buy with Ceballos? From what I’ve read it seems like that was the big hold up with Spurs. RM wouldn’t include an option to buy after the year loan.

14. It’s also looking like Lo Celso is getting closer to happening for us. Betis has reportedly made an agreement to bring in Fekir and are now willing to let Lo Celso leave.

N’Dombele and Lo Celso are such great additions for the midfield (if it happens). Cannot wait to see how that looks on the field.

I really don’t know what the plan is for the backline though. We could be losing 3 of 4 starters and I haven’t seen much about replacements.

Joe4th likes this.
  15. jbaseball44

No option i suspect. Arsenal have to take what we can get really, with no UCL, so even with no buy option I’ll take him for a year, especially with our other central midfield options.

16. KrisArronNev

Trusted

AFoolsGlory likes this.
  17. jbaseball44

will join tonight

Big Un likes this.
  18. jbaseball44

Di Marzio/Bouhafsi both saying Saliba to Arsenal is done, price isn't too bad either. kinda surprised he opted for us over spurs but won't complain

19. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

i’ll join fantasy tonight as well

Big Un likes this.
  20. I'm guessing he sees more playing time at Arsenal but I don't know. With Toby leaving and Foyth moving to RB the CB starting spot would be between Saliba and Sanchez. It's not like he'd be super blocked.

21. jbaseball44

“Pedigree of French players historically at Arsenal” was mentioned by them but not sure i buy that. He’s being loaned back a year, will be very easy for him to start at arsenal next year, maybe Spurs want a guy for now? Who knows

22. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Chelsea having a fantastic pre season :crylaugh:

I know pre season results mean nothing

23. Looks like David Tepper (Panthers owner) secures Ally as a jersey sponsor for a potential MLS team in Charlotte.

Rich owner: check
    Ready stadium: check
    Big kit sponsor: check

25. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

This Inter team are pieces of shit. They’re out to injure our players in a pre season game. Horrid.

Our kids came on and started taking the piss out of them and one of their lads dives in with a filthy tackle to a 19 year old. Big man Candreva. Prick

HAH a 17 year old scores against them now. They must be even more embarrassed.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.