Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Men's Soccer (Football) Thread [ARCHIVED] Soccer • Page 203

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Garrett, Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Roma’s new away kit is sensational

2. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

06/07 is my favourite of the shirts

3. Neymar - Griezmann- Messi

Is that really gonna happen?

4. KrisArronNev

Trusted

Yes, it was against Southampton away and I think they came from behind to draw.

Inspired by David Bowie. Very nice.

5. Garrett

I’m pretty sure Messi is going central this year to actually play as a ten.

6. KrisArronNev

Trusted

Apparently, Bartomeu doesn't like Neymar so it should be interesting to see what happens. Personally, I think he stays at PSG.

7. Garrett

I don’t think Neymar comes back. He burnt the wrong bridges (though, arguably kept a pretty important one in that he and Messi are quite good friends).

But we’ll see.

8. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Seems Maguire is a done dealio. Good signing.

9. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Diallo seems off to PSG too. What a terrible move for him.

orangehorizon likes this.

10. I don’t believe this but please. Please happen.

Joe4th likes this.
  11. KrisArronNev

Trusted

Arsenal want him too so this could get spicey.

12. Garrett

36 years old and far away the best player at the Copa America. A great pick-up for a season or two, wherever he lands.

13. Garrett

PSG wanted Coutinho, Umtiti, and cash for Neymar.

Umtiti rejected the move (though I just learned Barca are trying to sell him this summer, which surprises me).

PSG then adjusted to Coutinho, Lenglet, and cash.

Barca won't sell Lenglet as he's cemented himself as the first choice CB with Pique.

Apparently Semedo and Dembele were rejected by PSG as options, and Rakitic supposedly refused to even be offered as the second player.

This whole saga really is gonna take forever and turn into nothing, isn't it?

14. He'd be ideal. Let him hold things down at RB for a year or two while Foyth and Walker-Peters keep developing.

15. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Barca probably shouldn't try and sign players they can't afford.

orangehorizon likes this.
  16. Garrett

This, too. It's very frustrating to be a fan of a club run by some inept people...but you know what that's like, too.

Nick likes this.
  17. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Thankfully Ed hasn't had the bright idea to try sign Neymar... yet.

18. We may not have the trophies (yet) but I guess Spurs can be proud with how the club has been ran in the past several years. Levy gets shit on often but he’s done amazing things. As long as him and Poch stay with the club, and keep their solid relationship, the future is very bright.

orangehorizon and Joe4th like this.
    gonz (Alex) likes this.
  20. Holy hell

21. Garrett

So rumors are appearing in Spain that Madrid are about to go for both Pogba and Mane. Should be interesting.

22. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

Don’t think they let Pogba leave this summer, I don’t think it’s something they would even entertain, even if he kicks and screams. We need multiple transfers in for CM, and that’s without him leaving. He’ll still have two years left on his deal next summer, there’s no obligation to sell at all.

I imagine they’re going to offer him the armband and try and see if a potential top four finish at the end of the year can persuade him to stay. If not, they’ll still get decent money in 12 months.

Big Un likes this.
  24. The only club coming for Toby is Roma. I guess Spurs aren’t crazy for not meeting his demands. I’ve read we offered 150/wk and he wants 180/wk. I wish they’d just meet in the middle. It’s gonna suck losing him.

But the rumor is Spurs want Nicolo Zaniolo back in the deal and are willing to add cash to make it happen. I’ve admittedly never seen him play but he has a good amount of hype around him.

The only CB being mentioned for us right now is Saliba who I don’t know anything about. Other than Levy is apparently hijacking him from Arsenal. So I’m cool with it. He’s super young so I’m assuming Davidson Sanchez gets the starting spot with Foyth and potentially Saliba playing cup games.

25. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

I thought Saint Etienne's policy for letting Saliba leave was that they get him back on loan for a year, regardless of whether it's Spurs or Arsenal that end up buying him? That's what the reports I've seen have said anyway.

Big Un likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.