Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Men's Soccer (Football) Thread [ARCHIVED] Soccer • Page 202

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Garrett, Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. StevenW92

Regular

Our owner sold the ground from the club to a holding company that he owns.

PandaBear! likes this.
  2. KrisArronNev

Trusted

Griezmann to Barca is finally official. Time for Barca to sell us Malcom, then.

3. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I admire Atleti’s petulance in this. It’s wonderful.

4. Garrett

Rumor of a Coutinho/Umtiti swap for Neymar keeps showing up on my timeline.

tbh letting go of Umtiti would be a bad idea

PandaBear! likes this.
  5. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Tbf it’s been reported for months that ye had an agreement with him.

6. Garrett

Oh for sure. It’s more like since last year even. I’m not mocking them with my post. I love it. We should’ve just waited.

Nick likes this.
  7. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Yeah it's mad. All the news seemed to come from the Barcelona side as well. I doubt anything will come of it, but it's crazy they let the world know.

8. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Holy shit Barca have given him the #7 :crylaugh:

9. Garrett

I guess the good news (for Barcelona) is as precedent, nothing should happen as verbal agreements aren’t binding it’s solely the day the money is put in the La Liga transfer bank: see Neymar.

Atleti are slowly building up a reputation a la Spurs that they’re not worth the hassle of trying to get their players. But it also helps all of the ones they have worth having have now left except for Saul and Koke.

10. Garrett

I forgot Coutinho switched from 14 to 7 after his first half season at first and my brain was like “so?” at first.

I know Coutinho’s agent had a meeting earlier this week with the decision makers.

Nick likes this.
  11. Coutinho needs to reboot his career by reuniting with Poch

12. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

De Ligt to Juventus deal done today too, £65million. That's two protracted transfer sagas over with today, glad we won't have to hear too much about them any longer lol.

Nick likes this.
  13. TheGuyfkaFringeofLunacy

Trusted Supporter

Haven't posted in here in a while but wanted to pass along a great site for kits that I have found. It is called Footy.com, seems to be an aggregator site that allows you to find cheap, authentic kits. Picked up last years Man City away kit and a 1984 Retro Man City kit for 25 euros each. Has all sorts of different years jerseys and all sorts of different teams. Super addicting site and a place to easily drop copious amounts of cash.

Swoos likes this.
  14. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I'd say a lot of our "fans" had a baby tantrum when they saw Young, Matić, Lingard, and Jones starting our first pre season game.

15. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Cue meltdown that we're 0-0 at half time.

16. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

Angel Gomes is going to be incredible in a few years

17. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Very impressive but oh so small. Really strong for his size though. I loved watching him play for the u18s

RobbieBerns likes this.
  18. StevenW92

Regular

Bruce has confirmed that he held talks with Newcastle yesterday. Says it’s down to clubs to reach an agreement. Rumour going round is we want 4.5 million compensation for Bruce and 1.5 million for his back room staff.

19. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

Nabil Fekir in talks with Betis. His knees must really be fucked

JM95 and Big Un like this.
  20. Need this to happen so Betis will finally sell Lo Celso to Spurs

21. Garrett

FWIW

Nick likes this.
  22. orangehorizon

Trusted

Wow that shirt looks ugly. And thats at least three times the size he needs.

23. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

I'm thinking all jerseys should go back to like it was in the 90s where every player wore size L or XL with no exceptions lol, and every sponsor was either a beer or some low-grade electronics/technology company. Nothing worse than modern kits with bland template designs and sponsored by some shitty online betting company.

United haven't had shirts better than these in 20 years IMO!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(Confession: I was a United fan as a kid (before switching to Chelsea when Zola joined lol), and owned both of these, Red one with 'Beckham 24' printed on the back and the grey with 'Cantona 7'!!!)

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  24. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Didn't Fergie hate that grey one so much he made them change at half time once? Or was that a different grey one?

PandaBear! likes this.
  25. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Nothing will ever top the 07/08 United home shirt for me. The line down the back, the minimal sponsor. Seeing Ronaldo in that shirt tops it all.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.