Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Men's Soccer (Football) Thread [ARCHIVED] Soccer • Page 198

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Garrett, Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

official!

PandaBear! likes this.
  2. WE DID IT!!

So pumped. N'Dombele is my favorite style of player. Can't wait to watch him for Spurs.

Him and Sissoko will be a boss CM pairing.

Joe4th likes this.
  3. 4 exciting games tonight

4. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Signed big Daniel James in my fifa career mode with Wimbledon. 99 speed. He's unreal.

PandaBear! likes this.
  5. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

he is great, some of his counter attack goals last season were quality (like that one against Brentford in the FA Cup, 84 yards covered in 8.4 seconds!). Fast wingers/forwards are so good to have but you rarely see many of them hitting full speed game-after-game like he seems to.

6. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

The issue is most teams just seem to park the bus against United, so he might not have the chance to use it. I do hope we switch to a more counter attacking style like it seems Ole tried last season. High press and spring forward quickly.

PandaBear! likes this.
  7. KrisArronNev

Trusted

You can scratch Buffon making a fairytale return to Parma. He's gone to Juve again instead.

Nick and PandaBear! like this.

8. Levy making it rain

PandaBear! likes this.
  9. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Wow...

Nick and Swoos like this.
  10. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Transfer fees are out of control. I wonder what it's going to take for the bubble to burst?

11. In a world where transfer fees are out of control, Toby Alderweireld is just hanging out with a 25m release clause. And no one has been rumored to be interested.

12. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Atleti have given Joao Felix the No.7 and Griezmann hasn't even left the club yet - think that means "hurry up and go":crylaugh:

They have signed Felix plus Hector Herrera and Felipe from Porto in one day, and may well complete the signing of Brazilian LB/wonderkid Renan Lodi later too. Llorente already signed from Real. HUGE summer for them!

13. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Huge squad turnover as well mind. They've lost that lad City just signed (Rodri?), the lad Bayern signed (Hernandez?), Griezmann, Godin, Felipe Luis. Who knows what might happen with Morata.

Could go either way, but they'll be interesting to follow next season.

PandaBear! likes this.
  14. Spurs gonna be gooooood

Joe4th and Swoos like this.
  15. Hopefully we start looking at fullbacks. Everything I read says Danny and Trippier are both on the way out. Apparently they want Lucas Digne to replace Danny at LB (and I assume Sessegnon fills in there some as well). But I haven’t read much about a new RB other than vague links to Max Aarons (which would be cool with me). Foyth has been playing RB for Argentina so I guess that’s a possibility too. Aarons actually reminds me of Foyth a bit.

Joe4th likes this.
  16. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Probably wants a LOT of money for his last big contract

17. The only rumor I’ve seen, which wasn’t really believable, was Roma being interested and wanting to do a swap with him and Zaniolo (with Spurs adding cash). I don’t believe it because why would they throw in probably their only promising player when they can just trigger the release clause.

18. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Seems big Dave is signing a new contract. Great news. The talks and uncertainty weighed heavily on him last season. Seems one of his sticking points was improving the back line. So would assume we're getting a new centre back :-)

19. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

Leicester just bought Perez from us for £30m. Good business for us (well, it won't be, because we won't see that being used), but not sure what Leicester have seen there.

20. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I think Perez is a decent player but £30m is lot. Think that could end up similar to the Iheanacho transfer.

21. MrCon Jul 4, 2019
    (Last edited: Jul 4, 2019)
    MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

Yeah, he's been decent for us in a side which lacked creativity. Was noticeable how much he improved with Rondon and Almiron with him. Maybe that's where Leicester are coming from; Put him with better players and he'll shine?

22. JM95

Trusted

£30m is the going rate in this market for a player like Perez. Top scorer for a very defensive side, presses well, has the knack for an instinctive finish. Not sure where he fits into Leicester's side right now but I'd think Rodgers must have a plan for him.

When Harry Maguire may well go for £80m+, Perez is worth 30.

23. KrisArronNev

Trusted

Arjen Robben retired. No fairytale return to PSV for him.

24. Arsenal’s new home kit looks nice

25. Nick Jul 4, 2019
    (Last edited: Jul 4, 2019)
    Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Herrera got a 5 year contract at 200k a week? Glad we got out of that race.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.