Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Men's Soccer (Football) Thread [ARCHIVED] Soccer • Page 197

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Garrett, Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

Isn’t Lo Celso a CM through and through? Maybe it’s just semantics, but in practice you’d more realistically line up with:

Son Kane
    Dele
    Lo Celso Sissoko
    N’Dombele

2. I’ve seen him play in both roles. Either way, that lineup excites me haha

Joe4th and RobbieBerns like this.
  3. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Barca have sold Cillessen to Valencia and Gomes to Everton. Squad off-loading szn has begun.

4. okayibelieveyou

Tam Rogic CSC Prestigious

Haven't been here in a while but just to say Arsenal are cheap. Kieran Tierney forever.

5. Garrett

now that all the streaming sites are dying, where do y'all find streams? the place i usually go for barcelona ones isn't doing any of the gold cup matches

6. Garrett

this qatari ref (doing a concacaf tournament for some #fifa reason) is absolutely horrid.

7. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Seems Inter way by Lukaku on a two year loan for €10m then pay €60m option :crylaugh:

I sub to an iptv place. €5 a month for everything.

8. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

It’s absolutely bizarre that we haven't announced AWB yet. We know he's signed, his family released a fucking video of him in Carrington getting the media treatment. Everyone knows he's signed but still, nothing. Fucking hell lads just give our fans something.

9. KrisArronNev

Trusted

Fantasy Football went live yesterday. If whoever runs the league wants to renew it, that would be great. Make sure you put the code in this thread. Cheers!

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  10. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

T.J. likes this.
  11. orangehorizon

Trusted

Apparently this is only a yellow worthy foul. Good thing VAR confirmed the yellow.

12. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

David Moyes contract is officially finished :praise:

13. JM95

Trusted

I think an extension's in order.

williek311, PandaBear! and Nick like this.
  14. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Please no :verysad:

15. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

T.J. likes this.
  16. orangehorizon

Trusted

17. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

orangehorizon likes this.
  18. Those kits are sick

19. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Anyone want to comfort me through all the goings on at Nottingham Forest?

Out of the blue sacked Martin O'Neill at the end of last week after five months in charge and appointed Sabri Lamouchi (who has apparently managed Ivory Coast and Rennes before) about 20 minutes later. Apparently it was due to a player revolt over O'Neill's methods. I just don't get why they appointed O'Neill in the first place and then why we didn't get rid of him at the end of the season if there were problems.

Each season we sack a manager and for the last few years I have said that my only aim for the season is to start and finish with the same manager. Not the playoffs. Not promotion. We just need consistency. This season we can't even get to the opening game without another twist and turn. Crazy stuff.

I have no idea what will happen next but hopefully this guy can bring some much need stability.

20. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

I mean, aside from anything else, O'Neil is a bit of a footballing dinosaur at this point, and hasn't had any amount of success for years now. If you've gotten rid of him for someone with a system and a semi decent way of playing, it might be a good thing.

21. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Oh yeah, no one wanted O'Neill and most people liked Karanka enough and just wanted him to be given a bit more time. We were seventh when he was sacked which was ridiculous. Finished lower. I just hate the instability and the sack a manager every couple of months mentality. Twelve managers since June 2011. The idea that you can't usually buy promotion from the Championship seems lost on a lot of these rich overseas owners.

The shame for O'Neill is that he is a club legend and basically ended up taking the job 15 years too late when no one wanted him and he was past it. Still a shame to treat an iconic former player in that way, regardless of whether it will ultimately be a good thing.

AFoolsGlory likes this.
  22. Jack Clarke deal officially announced. Only fitting that our first transfer in almost two years is immediately loaned back. Excited for him though. He looks promising.

N’Dombele at WHL for his medical today so that should be announced this afternoon. Finally!

Also being reported that Spurs have agreed on a loan deal for Dani Ceballos. I don’t know him too well but I’m all for depth in the midfield.

Busy day

23. Apparently Leicester turned down £70m for Maguire....why wouldn’t they take that?

24. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Because they know United are stupid enough to offer more :crylaugh:

bobby_runs likes this.
  25. KrisArronNev

Trusted

Leicester's most reliable source says they want £90m...at least. If United pay that my head will officially spin.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.