Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Men's Soccer (Football) Thread [ARCHIVED] Soccer • Page 194

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Garrett, Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Or come to Spurs and form the best back 3 in the world

2. orangehorizon

Trusted

Whom else are you going to sign? :crylaugh:

Nick likes this.
  3. We’re signing everyone this window. Look at Twitter.

jmitch0906 likes this.
  4. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Everyone and no one. ;-)

5. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

6. Windowsdown

Hahaha and he was telling french newspapers he was out trouble just recently. I love this.

Too bad this is not an actual arrest. They don't have much on him (they're trying to find out what he and Sarkozy talked about over lunch ten days before Qatar was chosen), but he's not in the clear at all.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  7. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Wait Neymar back to Barca isn’t actually just a joke rumor?

8. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

City signing Rodri from Atletico and Joao Cancelo from Juventus. Would have thought they need a new LB not another RB but 2 very good signings. I think if they replace Kompany adequately and get a LB (Pep want's Chilwell I think) they would have the best squad ever assembled in the PL, top quality depth in every position.

9. City getting Rodri is good news for Spurs potentially getting N’Dombele.

Joe4th likes this.
  10. TheGuyfkaFringeofLunacy

Trusted Supporter

Interested to see if they pull the trigger on a LB. From everything I have heard they don't seem likely too, they seem to have a lot of trust in Zinchenko. Think Pep sees him in a Alaba or Lahm role where he can play LB and Mid if needed. Going to be interested in how Pep handles his rotations this year.

PandaBear! likes this.
  11. AFoolsGlory Jun 18, 2019
    (Last edited: Jun 18, 2019)
    AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

They're activating a buyback for a lad called Angelino that they sold to PSV. He's a pretty decent LB, always turns out good on Football Manager for me haha. I think the plan is to have Zinchenko as first choice then Mendy and Angelino to fight it out for second choice. Seems enough cover there.

PandaBear! likes this.
  12. When the rest of their team is nothing but world class players I think they’ll be ok with just an average LB lol

13. KrisArronNev

Trusted

I'd crease for a considerable period of time if United employ Steve Walsh as a DoF.

14. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

LB may be the weakest position in the world.

Jordi Alba
    Marcelo
    Alaba

Who else is even almost World Class there?

15. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

And even then, hasn't Marcelo had a shocker of a year? I swear I've seen Madrid fans saying that.

I'd put Robertson up there like. Liverpool's system flatters fullbacks a little, but he's been incredible this season.

After that, I'm struggling. Who'se the lad Madrid have just signed from Lyon, Mendy? Think he starts for France so mustn't be too bad.

PandaBear! and Garrett L. like this.
  16. Ricardo Rodriguez?

17. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

18. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Pep and the front office are going to run it back with Mendy this season. They’re hoping his maturity (both on and off the field) turn around. They also see Zinchenko as a great back-up to Mendy or at least to push him to step it up.

Mendy chose to stay in Barcelona healing from surgery as opposed to celebrating in Manchester with the team.

19. TheGuyfkaFringeofLunacy

Trusted Supporter

Love Mendy but between him being made of glass and the "attitude issues", I could see Zinny getting a good amount of game time. Really love the guy too, was kind of being forced out last off season it seemed, said I am staying and carved out a great role for himself.

20. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

I really enjoy watching Zinchenko play

21. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

I think Robertson's good form puts him as the No1 LB in the world at this current time. Him, Alba, Alaba the top 3. Marcelo at his peak was by far the best of the past few years though, Dani Alves and Phillip Lahm the best before that. But even on FM the past several years there have not been that many top quality LB/RB players on those 'wonderkid' lists for a long time, so I'd agree with the assessment that they are the weakest position in the world.

22. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

From everything I’ve read is that Pep and Tikxi still think Mendy is the player they paid for. I’d imagine they’ll monitor him closely in the start of the season and hope to unleash him for the big games.

23. JM95

Trusted

Robertson had a slightly dodgy run of form around the start of the year so I'm not sure he's got enough history of elite performance to say he's the best LB in the world.

At the moment I'd still be saying Alaba (despite his last season or so) and possibly Alex Sandro are the ones to beat.

24. Danny Rose had one season where he ranked pretty high on the list. Him and Walker were so good that season. Then Walker left and Rose went through injuries and seemingly personal frustrations. He wasn’t terrible this past season but there’s definitely been a drop off.

25. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

England U21s playing France atm - terrible penalty call been given against England for handball, this new rule sucks. (Dembele's penalty saved though!)

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.