Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Men's Soccer (Football) Thread [ARCHIVED] Soccer • Page 193

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Garrett, Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Apparently Zidane doesn’t want Eriksen. So that may be dead. And if it is, Eriksen may end up taking a new deal with Spurs. That’d be cool with me obviously. But hopefully we still bring in a couple new midfielders.

2. I need to get off Twitter lol

Every hour the N’Dombele story changes.

3. 90m for Maguire
    60m for AWB

That is straight bonkers. Spending 100m in a window used to be unheard of. Now you spend that and get Maguire.

Joe4th likes this.
  5. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Yeah it's madness. Ronaldo going to Real was massive at the time. It's peanuts now.

Fwiw I think both fees will be slightly lower. ~50 and ~70/80

6. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Jesus Christ :anguish:

Imo, Allegri is the ONLY manager available right now that could keep pace with the rest of the top 6 with the squad available. Putting Frank Lampard in with 1 season's managerial experience, with no Hazard and no £££ to spend would be irresponsible and disrespectful to the clubs best ever player. Allegri is a proven manager who can navigate a big league and the CL, anyone else is just being set up to fail.

7. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Allegri has also just said he's taking a year off so I wouldn't hold your breath there. Stranger things have happened but still.

I feel like Lampard is inevitable but I am not sure it's the right decision. Although he has worked fairly well with Chelsea youth at Derby this season. I just think it's way too soon for him.

PandaBear! likes this.
  8. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I've just read that he's not available. Impossible not to feel pessimistic about next season; Frank Lampard is an extremely intelligent man but he is still a rookie in management and will have to juggle 4 competitions, the two most important being ones he has zero experience managing in. They really need to find some way of cheating their way around the transfer ban lol - "Breaking News: Chelsea sign Lille forward Nicholas Pepe on 3 year work experience deal" :crylaugh:

9. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I would say hiring Lampard is a mistake for Chelsea but Solskjaer is our manager

10. "Tottenham Hotspur very close to wrapping up a deal for Bruno Fernandes"

2 hours later

"Tottenham Hotspur are not interested in making an offer for Bruno Fernandes"

#transferszn

PandaBear! likes this.
  11. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

He's this seasons Nico Gaitan

PandaBear! likes this.
  12. JM95

Trusted

Looking forward to the Copa America starting tonight, at least partly because the transfer window is the most irritating part of the year.

Nick and PandaBear! like this.
  13. I feel like the Pogba/Eriksen stuff is holding up most of the moves this window.

14. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

United subreddit is convinced De Ligt is signing with us. The masochist in me CANNOT WAIT until he signs with Barca. It's going to be a glorious meltdown.

15. Windowsdown

He's not going to sign for a club that's not playing in the UCL. His links with PSG/Barcelona/Juve are real, everything else has to be bullshit.

orangehorizon likes this.
  16. He said Vertonghen is his role model. Too bad he wants to get paid mega wages.

17. JM95

Trusted

And probably wants to win stuff as well.

Garrett L. and Nick like this.
  18. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

That was faster than even I anticipated

:crylaugh: :crylaugh:

Platy and AFoolsGlory like this.
  19. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

With all due respect to the club I support who in their right mind would join us this summer if Barca and Juve are in for them.

Windowsdown and orangehorizon like this.
  20. orangehorizon

Trusted

Let's be honest, signing for United now would be career suicide.

21. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

For a top player, yeah. Would be ridiculous. For younger less high profile players it's a good opportunity. The chance to "rebuild" United or whatever bollocks. De Ligt is in the first catagory.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  22. Signing with United wouldn’t be as bad as him signing with PSG.

23. orangehorizon

Trusted

True, I was talking specifically about a player of his caliber.

Nick likes this.
  24. orangehorizon

Trusted

Both are bad choices when you have Barca, Juventus and probably Bayern as alternatives.

25. okayibelieveyou

Tam Rogic CSC Prestigious

De Ligt should avoid PSG, might as well just stay with Ajax for another year if he can't come to an agreement with Barca/Juve.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.