Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Men's Soccer (Football) Thread [ARCHIVED] Soccer • Page 189

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Garrett, Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

No, it shouldn't. Spurs and Liverpool rightfully dumped both of those teams out.

Unfortunately they were both absolutely shit against each other...

PandaBear! likes this.
  2. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Happy for Henderson - he has written himself into the LFC history books now; the hate he used to get from everyone was undeserved. Great player but more importantly a great captain (Should have been England captain over Kane imo).

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  3. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Ryan O’Hanlon made a good point on Alisson MOTM. There wasn’t a shot in target until the 70 minute mark. But yeah dude won’t it for Liverpool.

PandaBear! likes this.
  4. jbaseball44

Who Watches The Watchmen? Supporter

saw them tweeted about from the Get French Football News account, need to look into them a little closer to be fair, what do you make of it all? ive heard he's released some texts messages or something, but like I said I haven't *really* looked into them

5. Still can’t believe the penalty call. I hate it. It changed the whole dynamic of the game. But time to move on from it. Bad calls happen.

Really hated Poch getting more questions about what his plans are. It’s bad enough that it happens every time he’s in front of a microphone but after losing the biggest game of his career it was lame. Only manager in the world that gets asked if he’s leaving every week.

6. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Yes the penalty call sucked but it has been consistent with what has been called in UCL with VAR.

MrCon likes this.
  7. Rabiot to United picking up steam

8. I’m kinda worried about de Ligt. He’s obviously a great talent. But he’s also 19 years old. He’s going to be forced into a very tough role at a huge club.

Ajax had a superb run in CL but it wasn’t their defense that got them there. And he made a couple mistakes that facilitated Tottenham’s miracle comeback. I feel like we’ve seen how this plays out before.

Joe4th likes this.
  9. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

I mean, for argument's sake De Ligt is better now than Vertonghen, Alderweireld and Sanchez were when they left the club. Whoever buys him is getting a potential Van Dijk, and all evidence points towards him fulfilling that potential - his mentality is ridiculously strong so he will be able to handle the pressure wherever he goes so there will be no worries beyond what is normal for any new signing.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  10. jbaseball44

Di Marzio says Juve are working to bring Pogba back

11. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

He also said they're struggling to sign Milinkovic Savic. Offering €60m, Lazio want €90m. They won't stump up the cash for Pogba.

12. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Oh yeah De Gea is off.

13. Every club wants 90m for their players. It’s insanity.

14. jbaseball44

what do you think United will want for Pogba? Knowing Juve they’ll try to lowball or use players in the deal

15. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

150 I'd say. 3 years left on the contract. No real need to sell.

I assume it's just Raiola doing Raiola things though.

16. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Luka Jovic to Real Madrid completed today, 60million fee. Insanely talented striker; him and Hazard together will tear La Liga to pieces next season!

Nick likes this.
  17. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

Courtois
    Carvajal - Varane - Militao - Mendy
    Casemiro
    Kroos - Isco
    Asensio - Jovic - Hazard

That’s a good XI they’ve set themselves up with for the future. Impressive that they’ve replaced Benzema, Ramos, and Marcelo all while they’re still at the club.

PandaBear! likes this.
  18. Latest reports saying N’Dombele and Lo Celso are both pushing for a move to Spurs and the only thing holding back a deal is the Levy negotiation tactics. Please don’t fuck this up dude.

It also looks like RM has cooled their interest in Eriksen while Poch has apparently said he wants Eriksen to stay (I think that’s obvious it’s a matter of paying him what he wants). Same goes for Toby. Everything he says leads me to believe he wants to stay. But he wants his money too. We’ll see what happens.

N’Dombele - Winks
    Lo Celso - Eriksen - Dele/Son
    Kane

Pipe dream.

Joe4th likes this.
  19. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Militao is a right back, no? Not sold on that defence as a whole to be honest.

20. This U20 WC game is hard to watch

21. Whoa USA just went up 3-2 on France

JBoch likes this.
  22. TheGuyfkaFringeofLunacy

Trusted Supporter

Come on young fellas lets pull this out!!!

23. TheGuyfkaFringeofLunacy

Trusted Supporter

Big win for the Baby Yanks.

24. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

I watched a video of his when we were linked along with Madrid during the January window, and he plays CB but can do a bit of RB and CDM.

25. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

Vesey a few years ago. He was coming out of college, but still.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.