Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Men's Soccer (Football) Thread [ARCHIVED] Soccer • Page 182

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Garrett, Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. As much as I agree about United clearing out wages and getting some younger players, I can 100% see them getting Bale.

jmitch0906 likes this.
  2. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I really REALLY hope we don't. Would be a massive mistake. Another over the hill useless winger on massive money.

orangehorizon and Bobby like this.
  3. Swoos May 21, 2019
    (Last edited: May 21, 2019)
    Spurs fans get all excited about Bale, and while I think he’s still a very good player, I don’t think he’s what we need. And we can’t afford him anyways. I think most of our additions will be at CM and a RB. But I wouldn’t be shocked if we go after a decently big name attacker. Malcom would be my top choice.

Malcom
    Tanguay N’Dombele
    Aaron Wan-Bissaka
    James Maddison
    Andre Gomes

Eriksen, Wanyama, Trippier, Lamela the bigger names that leave. Toby stays.

That’s my ideal window. I’m sure we won’t get any of those guys though.

awakeohsleeper and Joe4th like this.
  4. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

De Gea not renewing apparently. We should sell him or demote him.

5. jbaseball44

Who Watches The Watchmen? Supporter

should absolutely boycott the final

RobbieBerns likes this.
  6. Has the club responded at all?

7. jbaseball44

released a couple of statements that amount to basically saying UEFA sucks but there’s nothing we can do it’s their fault.

8. jbaseball44

should sell him ASAP

jmitch0906 likes this.
  9. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Sell him to who though? No team bigger than United needs a GK that I can think of

10. Spurs will take him

PandaBear! likes this.
  11. jbaseball44

Tuchel wants a new one at PSG, probably not De Gea though

PandaBear! likes this.
  12. Hugo to PSG
    De Gea to Spurs

Solved.

13. Hugo has a chance to be defending WC and CL champ. He has his blunder plays but he’s a big reason both France and Spurs made such a big run.

awakeohsleeper and PandaBear! like this.
  14. jbaseball44

france's run to win that World Cup is one of the stranger/luckier things in quite some time

15. jbaseball44

Conte to Inter on a 3 year deal. Lukaku on his way their also it seems

16. Yeah, but he still made several great saves along the way. Same for the CL run. It’s been strange and lucky. But he stepped up when needed most. The penalty save on Aguero was massive.

17. Wow I didn’t know he was leaving. So Rashford will be the main striker now? Or will they bring in someone else? Seems like they’d be a good spot for Werner.

18. jbaseball44

don't really pin wins/losses on a keeper anyway, often can be amazing in losses and average to subpar in wins. I think lloris is a fine keeper, almost all of them have the odd mistake in them, even the very best, just the nature of the position

PandaBear! and Swoos like this.
  19. jbaseball44

I read an Italian report that said inter were trying to do a deal with cash plus Perisic for him, which I assume United will have to reject (though who knows with Woodward). Assuming he's sold, you have to figure United will invest the money into a big attacker (not sure if it'll be a typical CF or a 2nd striker/winger, Bale is a name that gets tossed around a lot)

20. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Lukaku leaving is such a strange decision. It'll be all the worse when Ole gets sacked by December meaning we've let a world class striker leave for basically no reason.

He has his limits, which are well publicised, but he has such a high potential. Hope we don't regret it.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  21. jbaseball44

there's a story going that he was furious that Raiola pushed him to United instead of Chelsea (when Conte was there). He has gotten rid of Raiola as his agent, so that much is true, whether he was actually upset at the time or not is anyones guess

PandaBear! likes this.
  22. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Yeah it seems Conte has wanted him for quite a while at basically every club he's been at. I don't know, if he goes there and they play to his strengths, he'll bang them in for fun. He's been flirting with the prospect of going elsewhere in the press, as Belgians often do, but I just struggle to believe United will let him go. I hope not anyway.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  23. United is my prediction for Bale but I saw Liverpool listed as well which seemed random.

24. jbaseball44

Liverpool would be really stupid to do that, they have been so smart in the market (though Barca helped by buying coutinho for absurd money)

25. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Raiola wasn't Lukaku's agent.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.