Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Men's Soccer (Football) Thread [ARCHIVED] Soccer • Page 181

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Garrett, Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

I could see a big play for De Ligt actually. They'd have to pay a world record, but that locks the position up for a decade. Any player would kill to play for Pep too.

PandaBear! likes this.
  2. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

Juninho in as Sporting Director, Sylvinho as manager. Inexperienced club legend and inexperienced manager...what could go wrong?

PandaBear! likes this.

3. What happened between Bale and Zidane? They really seem to hate each other.

4. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

Mbappe coming out and basically saying he wants to leave PSG in his Ligue 1 POTY acceptance speech. Might be angling for more money, but I think there’s weight behind his words.

5. Julian Brandt going to Dortmund

6. Bobby

Trusted

Was gonna post about this but I didn't see anything definite. I don't want to get ahead of a future announcement but based on some of the reports it seems almost a certainty at this point.

So if it also becomes official that Dortmund signs Hazard and Schulz, I'll be much more confident that we can at least put up another strong year next year in contending for the title. It will still be an interesting year with Nagelsmann going to Leipzig. They were stellar at times this year and will arguably be stronger next year with him at the helm and if they can keep Werner.

7. What’s the latest on Werner. I’ve read the talks of him to Liverpool are basically dead. I’d imagine Bayern would be interested. Spurs were last year I think.

8. Bobby

Trusted

I'm a long way from being knowledgeable enough about the German press reporting on transfers, but it seems there are no talks going on at this point. He hasn't renewed his contract but I imagine that more will come out after the cup final between Leipzig and Bayern on the 25th.

9. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

He wants more power and no more Brazilian signings apparently. Football is broken.

10. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

A 180million transfer fee at age 18 supercharged that kid's ego for sure. If he really did say that PSG should not bring in any more Brazilians, then that is disgraceful imo. What would his reasoning even be for thinking that?

11. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Isn’t half of PSG currently Brazilian? Surely that won’t go over well...unless that’s the point of forcing a transfer. Either way, despicable thing to say.

12. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Well PSG have opened contract talks with him so whatever he said worked.

13. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Mkhitaryan will miss the Europa League final because UEFA care more about money than players.

Armenians can't enter Azerbaijan.

awakeohsleeper and PandaBear! like this.
  14. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Damn that blows

15. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Hold it in a neutral venue in London - Spurs or West Ham’s stadium if not Wembley. The fact a player must miss out on a European final due to safety fears is a fucking disgrace.

Also, Arsenal or Chelsea winning the first trophy at Spurs new stadium would be too funny lmao

Nick, Garrett L. and RobbieBerns like this.
  16. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Totally agree - what a disgrace.

17. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

It would be cool to see Arsenal refuse to play period. A big club taking such a stand would cause serious ripples—especially if Chelsea joined them in the protest.

gonz (Alex) and Nick like this.
  18. jmitch0906

Quorn

Classic Football Shirts Story one of my absolute favorite places to spend browsing and buying.

Is Chelsea really going to hire Lampard?

Is Daniel James really promising enough to be an exciting signing for United? Haven't watched any of the championship this season.

19. This would happen and I would cry haha

Joe4th and PandaBear! like this.
  20. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, great website - sometimes I have been tempted to but one of those match-worn shirts they have on occasion, they had an Edgar Davids Ajax one from 1996-97 I think but it was several hundred to buy!

I would guess Chelsea will go for Allegri rather than Lampard if Sarri goes to Juve.

And Daniel James seems very good - seriously fast and can score + assist well for his age/experience.

jmitch0906 likes this.
  21. jmitch0906

Quorn

Di Marzio reported Sarri will be fired and that they will appoint Lampard. He is as good as they get as an Italian reporter, but it could be to put pressure on Chelsea to give Allegri more control. I think Lampard would be a major mistake (similar to Ole) unless somehow Hazard stays if Lampard becomes manager. So many ifs surrounding the narrative at Chelsea. The transfer ban is definitely going to hurt them no matter who becomes manager (I mean they gave Giroud an extension).

I think United's strategy has to be to find foundational young players (seems James has that reputation) that are either already in the first team or the youth team and about ready to be promoted and to not try to splash cash on major big name signings. I know United has no problem with financials but their wages are all over the place right now and getting rid of some of those bloated contracts and players who won't put in a shift.

PandaBear! likes this.
  22. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Nick and jmitch0906 like this.
  23. jmitch0906

Quorn

PandaBear! likes this.
  24. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Chelsea will be looking at 6th at best if Hazard leaves and their transfer ban is upheld. Will hurt like hell to see him go but he has been exceptional so the club would not stand in his way even when it will weaken the team. Allegri as a manager would do better with a Hazard-less squad than Sarri would IMO, I would class him as a top 5 manager in Europe and is tactically better than Sarri as he can read how games are playing out with the best of them, and will switch things up mid-game where Sarri would stick to that 4-3-3 like his life depends on it.

25. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

1997-98 Real Madrid Match Worn Home Shirt Seedorf #10

I won't spam this thread with links like this, I swear, but a literal Clarence Seedorf match-worn Real Madrid shirt!!! Seeing him score that 40+ yard screamer against Atletico while wearing this kit when I was a kid made me into a RM fan back in 97/98 - he was a mythical player to me because I'd see/hear so little about European football as an 8 year-old, then through Seedorf I found out about Roberto Carlos, Raul, Fernando Hierro, Predrag Mijatovic etc. and thought they were the greatest team ever assembled! Then managed to get my parents to buy me the RM 98/99 shirt that summer, through a catalogue that you had to phone up to buy from; a shirt I still have 20 years later!

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.