Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Men's Soccer (Football) Thread [ARCHIVED] Soccer • Page 180

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Garrett, Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Also, Kane and Winks were both named to the England squad. I wonder if both will be ready for the CL final. Getting Winks back would be huge. Him and Sissoko have been such a good duo.

2. Saw something saying Eriksen to Real for €80m

I wouldn’t hate that tbh as long as they go after a top replacement.

3. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

:tear:

An all-time great

awakeohsleeper, Platy and Bobby like this.
  4. Bale back to Spurs rumors will never die

Joe4th likes this.
  5. Platy

Sam

Shame he didn't get to go out on his own terms, but undoubtedly one of the best goalkeepers ever. Amazing career and a lucky wife.

PandaBear! likes this.

6. Total failure if this team can’t win

7. Mourinho is perfect for the Juventus job, right?

8. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Not sure they’ll want him due to his past with Inter or CR7 not liking him.

Be interesting to see where Allegri ends up though, can’t think of a big team who needs a manager atm?

9. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Rumours Juve want Sarri from Chelsea, which would be fun. Not outside the realms of possibility for Allegri to go to Chelsea to replace him.

PandaBear! likes this.
  10. orangehorizon

Trusted

Ribery :heart:

Bobby likes this.
  11. orangehorizon

Trusted

Robben :heart:

Bobby likes this.
  12. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

ESPN is showing the fan cup final only on their espn+ subscription service. Some bullshit

bobby_runs likes this.
  13. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Always thought Will Hughes is a tidy little player, I'd love United to take a look at him. Being youngish and English, Watford would want a bomb mind.

14. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

They should just rename it the Bayern Munich always wins it League

ESPN+ being the only destination for FA Cup I some bullshit

City about to be the first men’s team to win the English treble.

15. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

6 fucking 0 in a cup final. Horrible for Watford; my stepbrother is a fan and will be gutted by this

16. T.J.

music and baseball.

Raheem!

17. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

City are incredible. I almost can't believe how good they are. De Brunye is on another level too. If he can stay fit, he'll be like a new signing next season given how much he's missed this season.

I get the sentimentality of starting Gomes Watford, but it's an FA Cup Final. Put that aside and give yourself the best chance of winning. He was shocking on a number of occasions today.

PandaBear! likes this.
  18. City were a Fernando Llorente hip away from 4 trophies this season

19. orangehorizon

Trusted

it's not great in its current form but it is much better than what they propose. In a perfect world they would go back to only having champions compete in the champions league. And having the knock out phase from the beginning.

jmitch0906 and PandaBear! like this.
  20. Bobby

Trusted

I am torn on this. I do like the current form, I think it has plenty of things going for it, but I also would like to cut some of the group play or maybe all of it entirely and just get to the knockout rounds sooner. Perhaps like the world cup wherein there are only 3 games in the group?

Like, I would be interested to see how many league champions failed to make it out of the group stage in the past 10 to 20 years...

21. Spurs would’ve finished last in their group in this scenario

22. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

You can’t cut out half the group stage unless you’re going to play all three games in neutral venues so there is no home/away advantage.

PandaBear! likes this.
  23. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Will be sad to see him go tbh, as good a captain as we’ve seen in the PL

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  24. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

So that's City in the market for one, maybe two if Otamendi goes as well, CBs. Wonder who they'll go for..

25. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

God damn what a king! Hope he does well there.

I think City will buy Nathan Ake and at least try for De Ligt or Harry Maguire for CB, but United will be in for Maguire too so who knows what may happen.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.