Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Men's Soccer (Football) Thread [ARCHIVED] Soccer • Page 178

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Garrett, Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

It’s so weird/cool to see them as actual people instead of through a screen.

PandaBear!, RobbieBerns and T.J. like this.
  2. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

It'll get lost (hopefully) in the fallout from the title race, but it's unbelievable how bad United have been these last few weeks. Could've played all week and we still wouldn't have scored today.

Thank god that season is over with. Hopefully Ole gives the players a right kick up the arse during preseason, along with a lot of departures. Too many players just aren't good enough.

3. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

Saw a stat somewhere that United finished an equal amount of points between City and the relegation zone

PandaBear! likes this.
  4. JM95

Trusted

Yep, 32 points behind City, 32 ahead of Cardiff.

RobbieBerns and PandaBear! like this.
  5. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Chelsea the only scoreless game today
    Lucky to get 3rd, but honestly the gap in quality between the top two and everyone else is a bit crazy atm so “the best of the rest” is not a bad place to be all-in-all. There have been close title races before but one that ends in 97 and 98 points is unreal.

Bobby likes this.
  6. jbaseball44

Who Watches The Watchmen? Supporter

everyone from 3rd-6th is more or less the same level of average, capable on their day of producing excellent stuff but so inconsistent

PandaBear! likes this.
  7. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

Big summer ahead for United. Ole seems to certainly be shooting straight with his talk about how much ground has to be covered to get back to where they should be. At the moment I can’t see getting things right, hopefully i’m proven wrong.

8. Garrett

I knew fans were angry about the Liverpool game but whistling Busquets seems a bit much. Even if he did give away a few too many balls too quickly.

9. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Can't complain with this season for liverpool. On to Madrid

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  10. Garrett

HE ACTUALLY SCORED

11. Richter915 and Garrett L. like this.
  12. Garrett

13. Garrett

Arturo Vidal is some player.

orangehorizon likes this.
  14. Garrett

15. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Chris Hughton sacked as Brighton manager. Could they not have perhaps informed him of the decision earlier, and given the fans a chance to show their appreciation for his work in getting them to the PL (and keeping them there) after yesterday's game?

16. Garrett

Ended up buying the salmon third kit (it has the city blocks of Barcelona built into the design and I love it) with Pique because the store I bought it at (for eighty euro cheaper than the official store) only had him or Suarez

disambigujason likes this.
  17. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

What's your go to website/store for purchasing kits? I'm the most casual of casual fans but I'd like one for me and a few friends. Not looking to break the bank..don't much care for the fine details.

18. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

I use DHGATE.com

Had to request a refund on shirts only once. Otherwise they look really good. The badge patches are the biggest difference in quality. The detail is still there.

Richter915 likes this.
  19. Garrett

Tbh I’ve bought two kits direct from Nike when they’ve had a sale, and then found two at Ross as well

Richter915 likes this.
  20. When does the transfer window open this year? Isn’t it different for PL now?

21. Platy

Sam

Griezmann to Barca?

22. That’d be cool

23. Ok so PL clubs can carry out domestic transfers May 16. Hope we get some early craziness.

24. Garrett

iirc he turned Barca down to stay at Atleti so it would be weird to come now i’d think

not sure he fits the system any more than coutinho does though he’s certainly of caliber

Bobby likes this.
  25. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Would it be as a Suarez replacement possibly? Otherwise they'd be playing him out of position surely?

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.