Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Men's Soccer (Football) Thread [ARCHIVED] Soccer • Page 1649

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Garrett, Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

They're solid for football shirts but very hit and miss for other North American sports.

2. JM95

Trusted

Welcome To Wrexham just gets better and better. Only one new episode this week but it's an extended one and it really is the rawest, most honest one yet. These sort of sports documentary series tend to have a lot of the edges smoothed out and of course this won't be completely warts and all but I was really impressed by the lack of sugarcoating this week in particular.

The level of heart and personal investment from Reynolds and McElhenney is really obvious. The way they interacted with the various volunteers, staff and fans this week was really impressive in a number of aspects. Don't seem afraid to hear difficult opinions but they also appear to be level headed and not overly swayed by them. They've so clearly brought into the connection of club and town. Great stuff.

3. KrisArronNev

Trusted

De Bruyne

John Lopiano likes this.
  4. TheGuyfkaFringeofLunacy

Trusted Supporter

John Lopiano and Big Un like this.
  5. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I get why USA-Japan is an 8:26am game considering the match isn’t in either country, but maybe don’t do it on a Friday morning?

Driving to a music festival, but I hope we look good and get some answers on fringe players.

6. Why?

7. Thrillcollinz

Try to stay afloat

I adore Saka, but I have no idea what criteria was even used for the decision? Is it fan/player led?

8. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

All absurd things like that can be explained by the words "fan vote"

9. JM95

Trusted

Sympathy for the missed penalty at the Euros.

Feels like that pendulum might have swung too far the other way.

dandandan likes this.
  11. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Been on holiday so no idea what has happened in football beyond the PL results but that is a WEAK England squad.

12. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

100% sympathy. Kid was a teenager made to take the most important penalty in the countries recent history because senior players wanted to hide. Even though he missed people responded to that bravery for sure.

I don’t think his performances deserve it to be totally honest but I can see why people voted for him because he haven’t been very good post-Euros.

13. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Cool thread. Good read.

14. TheGuyfkaFringeofLunacy

Trusted Supporter

Japan absolutely dominated that game. We looked like absolute dogshit.

Bobby, Joe4th and Zoshchenko like this.
  15. KrisArronNev

Trusted

Dier gets the start. Pope, too.

16. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Southgate play an actual natural LB challenge - IMPOSSIBLE

17. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

England no longer playing 3 at the back?

Also finally started watching Welcome to Wrexham. Really good.

18. Glad the US broadcast is showing Germany/Hungary instead of England/Italy...

19. TheGuyfkaFringeofLunacy

Trusted Supporter

I really don't understand the broadcast of the UEFA Nations League here. The games they pick are fucking dumb, they don't even have the England vs. Italy in the overflow channel.

20. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

dandandan, PandaBear!, Big Un and 2 others like this.
  21. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Jesus Welcome to Wrexham is absolutely superb.

22. TheGuyfkaFringeofLunacy

Trusted Supporter

Not sure what was better on that Italy goal...the first touch or the finish.

orangehorizon likes this.
  23. orangehorizon

Trusted

First loss under Flick and no chance for top of the group anymore

24. GBlades

Trusted

Been catching up with it and I’m surprised at how invested I am in it. Great show and a true testament to Wrexham themselves.

25. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I’ve just binged all 9 episodes this evening over a couple of beers. Absolutely loving it so far.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.