Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Men's Soccer (Football) Thread [ARCHIVED] Soccer • Page 158

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Garrett, Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. jbaseball44

Who Watches The Watchmen? Supporter

none of these teams seemingly wanna come top 4, all have so many flaws, Spurs less so then the rest

2. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

all three of us are no further than 3 points behind you?

amateur hour to talk shit with four games left

3. I mean, Spurs get called bottlers every time they lose a game. I’m not talking shit just stating each team had a great opportunity to move up and didn’t.

4. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Let's be honest, United are totally shitting the bed anyway. Spurs are a level above us at the moment.

5. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

of course I was just saying that we have no idea how positions 3-6 shake out

6. I kinda disagree that Spurs are above the other three right now. If healthy, then yeah I’d say so. But we are super thin and the team looks worn down tbh. I agree 3-6 could finish in any order. But I’m very glad the loss Saturday was somewhat neutralized by the other teams performances.

3 out of 4 games are at the new stadium which will be a big boost. I think 3 wins and a draw is the most likely result and should be enough for top 4.

7. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

Sterling coming out and saying the punishment for racist abuse from fans should be a 9 point reduction and three games behind closed doors is brilliant.

His standing up to racism in both the press and in the stands is awe inspiring. I’d love it if this was the generation that finally puts their foot down and says enough is enough.

Platy, Wharf Rat, Garrett L. and 3 others like this.
  8. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Enough is enough! I hope the people who make the decisions listen. This kind of significant punishment is needed. I would love that.

RobbieBerns likes this.
  9. JM95

Trusted

There should be much more being done but that idea would be impossible to implement.

MrCon likes this.
  10. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

The trouble with things like closed door matches and points deductions is that teams will insist it be proven it was their fans causing the problems. Unless every fan attending the ground is registered with photo ID, as well as policing people covering their faces in the stands, you're never going to be able to do it without running the risk of some trolls getting in the wrong end and trying to get team hit with a points deduction.

Also, it doesn't get to the root of the problem. If these animals are brought up so poorly that they think racist abuse is acceptable anywhere, then I don't know that spoiling football for them is going to fix it/them. Much as I want to see people punished for it, the problem runs a lot deeper.

That being said, the players (and any POC in the stands) don't deserve to hear that shit. I wonder if they could go along a route of heavily fining teams (or withholding a large percentage of their TV revenue or something) if they don't improve their stewarding to a point where offenders are found and booted out.

Good on Stirling for keeping going with it though. I don't know whether he's timed it a little deliberately, but he seems to have become more noticeably vocal as he's been more impressive on the pitch. It's a strong message when one of the best players in the league, in one of the top leagues, is loudly pointing all of this out.

orangehorizon and awakeohsleeper like this.
  11. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

The stewarding thing could equally be applied to the recent spate of twats who have got onto the pitch and gone after players.

12. Vincent Janssen on the bench today lol

13. He was over the weekend too wasn’t he?

Get that big booty out there!

14. 9 mins in and Brighton are time wasting

15. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Shane Long scores after 6 seconds, the fastest PL goal ever! Was a Watford kick-off too lmao

16. Looks like Spurs are playing the role of bottlers today

17. I know this a dumb statement, but I’ve been disappointed in Eriksen overall this year. He hasn’t been terrible or anything. But he certainly hasn’t been the player we need him to be.

Joe4th likes this.
  18. jbaseball44

shocked to learn Shane long scores against clubs that arsenal Arsenal

19. I pretty much agree, especially this last half of the season

Joe4th likes this.
  20. jbaseball44

needs to add more to his buildup play in my opinion, came across this chart a month or so ago and struck me that someone of his quality should be doing a tad more in that area

739527B8-BEB2-4CBA-9B6A-15A2B1778769.jpeg

Joe4th likes this.
  21. This is miserable

22. That’s a pen and I think the Son one in the first half was too

23. Thank you for telling us to fuck off, Christian

Joe4th likes this.
  24. He heard me

25. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I’m sorry I ever doubted you Eriksen

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.