Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Men's Soccer (Football) Thread [ARCHIVED] Soccer • Page 119

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Garrett, Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Stopped watching after 25mins 'cause I gotta do other stuff but Chelsea seemed good up until then?!

I would literally prefer them to go back to 3-4-3 rather than what they are doing now. Need an extra CB if Luiz and Alonso are gonna be in the same XI :eyeroll:

2. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Hazard gets so many cheap free kicks

3. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

David Luiz with the attempted leg breaker, but missed it.

4. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

5. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Uh did Sarri just bring on Zappacosta with 8 minutes left? Hudson Odoi is on the bench, right?

6. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Fantastic win against a hurting side after midweek. Pogba, Herrera, Lindelöf and a lot of others were brilliant.

Chelsea though, jesus. Luiz has no,idea what defending is, Kante was anonymous, and Sarri what in the hell is he playing at? Bringing on Zappacosta who had a horrific cameo with 8 minutes left and leaving CHO on the bench?

7. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

If this stubborn-ass manager does not show willingness to adapt and change what is obviously not working then we may as well forfeit the Carabao Cup Final coming up. Ranieri, Conte and Deschamps won the PL, PL/FA Cup and the literal WORLD CUP respectively with Kante as a DM but hey, guess it's more important to put Jorginho there because, as we all know, philosophies in football are completely rigid and cannot be changed :eyeroll:

Nick and awakeohsleeper like this.
  8. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Playing Kante out of position is unforgivable.

PandaBear! likes this.
  9. orangehorizon

Trusted

The linesman in Liverpools half must be blind

10. KrisArronNev

Trusted

Kimmich missing the 2nd leg really will suck.

orangehorizon likes this.
  11. orangehorizon

Trusted

James is so bad, it's a shame Müller is suspended.

12. orangehorizon

Trusted

This linesman is ridiculous

13. orangehorizon

Trusted

I think I have never seen a Bayern game where we played so often backwards instead of trying to go forward. It was kinda weird. I get that for the first 20 minutes or so it was the perfect plan to shut down Liverpools attack, because it was clear that they would start attacking rigorously. And that worked perfectly. But especially in the second half I feel we should have played way more direct once we got the ball. An away goal would have been crucial in this tie.
    Now the second leg will be a 50-50 again, with us having the home advantage but Liverpool will go through with a draw if they manage to score.

Bobby likes this.
  14. jbaseball44

Who Watches The Watchmen? Supporter

only watched Atletico maybe 2 or 3 times this season but intrigued to see how Allegri sets Juve up against what I assume will be a deep block/counter setup from Simeone

15. jbaseball44

Costa to miss the second leg for that, stupid stupid

16. orangehorizon

Trusted

Clear foul on Schalke before City scored.

17. orangehorizon

Trusted

VAR is a joke

18. jbaseball44

not watching that game, how is it playing out?

19. Platy

Sam

Ref seems to be giving everything Atletico's way. Glad VAR reversed his penalty decision on Costa falling over air though.

20. orangehorizon

Trusted

City has more possession and is the better team but Schalke is doing quite ok. Now 1-1.

21. jbaseball44

interesting, recording it to watch later. not seen a whole lot of Schalke this year but read a lot of interesting things regarding Tedesco and his approach, so intrigued to see their approach, etc.

22. orangehorizon

Trusted

Another penalty for Schalke...2-1

23. T.J.

music and baseball.

City has been terrible for the past 10-15 mins.

24. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

25. T.J.

music and baseball.

fart noise

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.