Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Men's Soccer (Football) Thread [ARCHIVED] Soccer • Page 118

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Garrett, Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Sad that Ajax lost but I am just glad that they gave a good account of themselves it seems. Wasn't able to watch the game but feedback from twitter says that they were very positive and had RM on the back foot a fair bit. They do not have the quality to progress any further this year but Last 16 each year should be their target.

Fuck the officiating though, clear foul on De Jong in the build-up to RM's winner.

Hopefully 0.5 seasons, aka this summer. Whatever fee they end up getting for Hazard they should give entirely to Dortmund for him, seriously.

2. orangehorizon

Trusted

From what I have seen Ajax where the better team. Real was just more clinical.
    Ajax surely has the quality to progress but now it is obviously very difficult.

PandaBear! likes this.
  3. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

A close game in the return leg is certainly a possibility, but Ajax do not have a Ramos/Marcelo/Modric/Benzema etc; players who have been in situations like this in knockout stages countless times and know how to see the tie out. I believe Huntelaar is the only member of the whole Ajax squad who has played a CL knockout game before this one today!!!

4. orangehorizon

Trusted

Of course Ajax are clearly underdogs to advance (especially after todays result) but your wording just seemed that they had no chance at all to get any further when in reality they were clearly the better team today. And with a bit more luck they could have won this game.

PandaBear! likes this.
  5. Llorente with 6 goals in his last 6 appearances.

What a world

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  6. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

Huge БАТЭ fan here. I read their whole wikipedia page the other night, ergo I'm an expert and lifelong supporter.

But actually, they've won the Belarusian league 13 years in a row, which is ridiculous. I wish there were more resources to learn more about the league and how they've set themselves up to win every year. I could probably? do it in Russian, so maybe I'll put that on the back burner of things to revisit one day.

PandaBear! likes this.
  7. jbaseball44

Who Watches The Watchmen? Supporter

evidence to what i have been saying about Emery for a while. Arsenal should sack him but he’s here for at least 2 years unfortunately

8. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Lacazette is a piece of shit

Hilarious that Mkhitaryan tried to argue with the ref about it. The rest of the Arsenal players seemed to have sense.

9. What’d he do?

10. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

11. jbaseball44

get Unai Emery out of my club

12. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

BT asking if it was a fair decision :crylaugh: I hope that was sarcasm.

PandaBear! likes this.
  13. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

TBH, don't blame Lacazette for that in some ways. The guy has smashed into his back with his shoulder and then, having got nowhere with that, tried to cuddle him into submission. Daft way to get sent off, but BATE player is being a little shit.

14. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

There's never, ever justification for full force elbowing someone in the face. Lacazette won the free kick, he should have just moved on.

Zoshchenko likes this.
  15. MrCon

Full force elbow? Think the dude would be looking for his teeth if that were the case. I just don't have a lot of sympathy. No attempt by him to play the ball, trying to frustrate the player and it worked.

16. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Haha! Classic way of generating interactions on a Tweet.

17. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

As much as I have a soft spot for Arsenal, one of the best bits about Arsenal losing is Piers Morgan. I can't stand that man.

18. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Crazy that someone getting an elbow to the face, yeah full force look at the swing, comes out as the bad guy here. Like that makes no sense.

If that's justification for an elbow every defender in every game "deserves" one.

19. MrCon

You can't really tell from the angle there how badly he's even caught him because he's the wrong side for the camera to pick it up. To me, looks like he's thrown his upper arm to get him off his back. A red card no doubt, but my point is more that I don't see that makes him a piece of shit. It's a competitive environment, tempers get lost, particularly when someone is persistently fouling like that.

I also didn't say anything about whether it justifies it or that anyone was the bad guy. Just think the BATE dude played a stupid game and won himself a stupid prize.

20. oof

Richter915 likes this.
  21. jbaseball44

Özil waging social media warfare with Emery/the club hierarchy. good times at Arsenal

22. Platy

Sam

I don't want to be dramatic or anything, but I think Ipswich might get relegated.

23. Keith Jameson

overrated lush

Any Crystal Palace fans in here? I am please to be heading to the quarter finals of the FA Cup despite being 3 pt. from Premier League relegation lmao.

PandaBear! and awakeohsleeper like this.
  24. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Nani!

Bobby likes this.
  25. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Kepa...

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.