Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Men's Soccer (Football) Thread [ARCHIVED] Soccer • Page 112

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Garrett, Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Son getting a yellow for diving on a clear penalty was a joke

Joe4th and bobby_runs like this.
  2. jbaseball44

Who Watches The Watchmen? Supporter

not that it’s the end all be all but i think XG for the game was like 3.2 to .8 Just one of those crazy results

3. I really like Leicester’s young players. I’m rooting for them to find a solid Vardy replacement and another defensive mid. They’re on their way to being a really strong team.

4. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Leicester are almost a really great team. There's just something stopping them from getting there. I think it's Puel.

PandaBear! likes this.
  5. jbaseball44

worry about bigger teams poaching their players. Chilwell will go for big money, probably a few others. they have a lot of quality and play good football under Puel. They need goals from someone other than Vardy, and also a Vardy replacement soon. Should have plenty of cash so all about reinvesting well

6. jbaseball44

they need goals from someone other than Vardy, has been an issue since Mahrez left

7. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Madison will go for big money soon I reckon, as will Gray in a couple of years. They're in a really good position to be one of those clubs that develops young players and sells them for a fortune, all the while staying competitive.

8. they haven’t won since Jan 1st but somehow look impressive

9. Spurs were heavily linked to Maddison before he moved to Leicester and I’m really disappointed we missed out on him. He’d learn a lot from Poch and Eriksen, and could’ve potentially been Eriksen’s replacement if Eriksen does indeed leave. Now he’s gonna go for way more than Levy will pay.

But I think the guy I want most from Leicester is Chilwell.

10. Poch trashed Oliver in his post-match presser. He said he already had a talk with Oliver about the missed penalty on Son in the last minute of the Liverpool game earlier this year (would’ve given us a chance to draw, and yes that was a clear penalty). And then today Oliver booked Son when he was clearly fouled. And then gave Leicester a penalty when it wasn’t clearly worthy of a penalty.

First time I’ve seen him call out of ref after a game.

11. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Highest paid British player in history they are saying! :embarrassed:

12. Almiron coming off the bench today

13. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

I hate Wolves. Boly being a nuisance again. 95th minutes goal after only 4 minutes extra time.

Almiron looks promising though .

14. jbaseball44

that is apparently the pre-tax figure or something, Marcotti says it's around 250k. either way not surprising he gets a huge salary considering he's signing on a free. hope he does well there, going to miss him. won us 2 FA Cups. might even have to cop a Juve jersey with his name on it

PandaBear! likes this.
  15. jbaseball44

really need Mbappe to do the business tonight.

16. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

RIP to a true legend of English football. I always wonder what it would be like to be the person responsible for an iconic moment like the Cruyff turn or Maradonna's solo goal against England, something that will be watched and applauded for generations to come. The save from Pele surely one of them:

Platy and JM95 like this.
  17. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

Absolutely bricking it right now, and we’re still three and a half hours from kick off. Not sure I’ll be able to finish any work for the rest of the day.

18. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Going to be an interesting match. Think it's crazy that people are saying United should beat them comfortably due to the injuries. At the end of the day, PSG have great depth in most attacking positions and United will have to play out of their minds to get a result over the two legs.

19. jbaseball44

suspect Tuchel would bite your hand off for a draw. For all their attacking depth i really think PSG are lacking in midfield. Rabiot has been frozen out, Nkunku out of favor, Verratti is being rushed back and not nearly 100%, in all probability he’ll stick Marquinhos in there. If United have a good plan and are on it, they should control this match in the center of the field. Looking for a statement game from Pogba, should be loads of space.

20. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Can't wait to smash PSG.

21. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Played for my team St. Pats back in 77. RIP.

PandaBear! likes this.
  22. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

For sure, they have basically no midfield, I'm not denying that. They still have a great defense and and excellent attack. I think PSG are loving people saying they're underdogs, I just don't see it. We are so suspect at the back. For all we have mostly played relegation fodder during Ole's reign, we've been continuously cut open fairly easily. Mbappe could have a field day if the game plan isn't bang on.

23. Platy

Sam

That save is still incredible every time I see it. The wide angle there shows how much ground he had to cover, plus seeing Pele start to celebrate makes it look better.

PandaBear! likes this.
  24. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

The greatest save ever. Pele’s statement today was very nice, saying that save was the start of a lifelong friendship!

awakeohsleeper and Platy like this.
  25. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Oh, and United are winning this, 3-1 my prediction. Pogba, Martial and Lingard - Mbappe the scorers. PSG line-up looks kinda weak.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.