Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Men's Soccer (Football) Thread [ARCHIVED] Soccer • Page 1018

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Garrett, Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Maguire plays on the left usually. Just nitpicking

2. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

So does Varane, haha. Ramos has been RCB his whole career. Should be interesting to see who gets preference.

3. Platy

Sam

I thought Varane played on the right for France this summer?

4. JM95

Trusted

No Varane always played RCB with Ramos.

RobbieBerns likes this.
  5. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I could have sworn Ramos has been the LCB for Madrid for a while now too? Who cares though, either of them could play either side when needed

6. Garrett

This must be my personal Mandela effect, because I could've sworn Ramos always played right side. Oh well.

PandaBear! likes this.
  7. Iain

Regular

To be honest with you, most rangers fans are disappointed he is going. He is young and looks a prospect. However, he ended up 5th in the pecking order behind guys with significantly more experience than him (ie vice captain and international quality players). So he was never really going to get a game and probably fair to let him go. Speaking to folk we expect you guys to probably flip him for some money in a couple of seasons. Played well in a couple of European matches, which I think says a lot.

I would say one of the fairly big negatives for him at rangers is that he broke covid rules. Gerrard dropped him and sent him out on loan. Think that really was the end of his development under Gerrard. If I’m being honest, doesn’t come accross like a prick and was just young and naive. But most people think he threw away a opportunity with a team with champions league potential football this season.

Platy likes this.
  8. JM95

Trusted

You may need to switch your mirror with your television. Easy mistake to make.

9. Apparently DAZN are in negotiations for Tottenham stadium naming rights

10. All the big PL clubs splashing on a CB after they all watched Liverpool splash on one a couple of years ago and turn into a powerhouse.

Chelsea - Kounde
    United - Varane
    Arsenal - White
    City - Dias
    Spurs - Romero

and Liverpool have added another great CB on the process.

11. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

DAZN Dome.

12. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

This summer has made me really hate the words “elite” and “progressive” in terms of football. I’ve read them so much they don’t mean anything any more.

Joe4th likes this.

13. That’s pretty good value. I like Milenkovic.

14. KrisArronNev Jul 28, 2021
    (Last edited: Jul 28, 2021)
    KrisArronNev

Trusted

Love the colour scheme, don't love the tire track going down the middle.

Bobby likes this.
  15. Platy

Sam

Thanks for the summary, sounds promising. Pretty sure he's one of our most expensive signings the past decade which shows promise.

Hopefully he can help us out of League One and stick with us, the amount of defenders we've sold on who have lead teams to the Premier League is annoying.

Iain likes this.
  16. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

All i know of Milenkovic is that in my FM game he is a beast and i’m fending off £65m bids from Atletico and Barcelona in 2023. So he’s probably good lol.

Joe4th likes this.
  17. Garrett

love this. reminds me of Udinese kits.

Big Un likes this.
  18. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

This is MUCH better than the rumoured 50m lump sum.

19. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

20. KrisArronNev

Trusted

Reports saying Barca want to gazump Spurs to Romero lol. Barca must have found a Lenglet buyer or something similar.

21. Spurs keep getting linked to Dušan Vlahović to "play next to Kane" but he is going to cost 60m lol I don't understand how that is even possible (it isn't)

22. This was brought up before and then a reporter from Barca said it wasn't true. But it won't go away so who knows.

Big Un likes this.
  23. Romero has also already agreed to personal terms with Spurs. I feel like the Barca stuff is being leaked from Atalanta to make us pay more.

24. Garrett

US-Mexico in Cincy on Nov. 12.

Last home US-Mexico WCQ until late 2028/early 2029...

Bobby likes this.
  25. Garrett

Not sure how I left Cincy off this list (tbh, I was assuming Columbus and that Ohio wouldn't get two, even if Dos a Cero has been broken now), but the streak continues.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.