Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Men's Soccer (Football) Thread [Archived] Soccer • Page 767

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. P-DAWG wufwuf (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:✧

Regular Prestigious

Oh my god we could actually win away from home here. To the corner boys!

2. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Wow, Napoli got their asses kicked huh?

3. OdranWaldo

Brendan Rodgers Young Team Prestigious

so did zenit by champagne charly musonda :hearteyes:

PandaBear! and Kvothe like this.
  4. GBlades

Trusted

Strong performance tonight. I was even impressed by our defence for a change.

5. OdranWaldo

Brendan Rodgers Young Team Prestigious

big ajer is a rolls royce

Kvothe likes this.
  6. orangehorizon

Trusted

What I found most surprising was how empty the stadium was. There were not even 10000 people there watching the match. That's remarkable for such a strong team.

PandaBear! likes this.
  7. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Didn't Napoli rest their whole first team or something? Effectively abandoning the competition to focus on the league?

8. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

so batshuayi has 5 goals and an assist in three games so far for Dortmund.

9. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

It doesn't surpise me, he's always seemed like a good player with great potential. I just felt he needed a good run in the team at Chelsea which they didn't really give him.

10. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Batshuayi, Musonda, Abraham, RLC, Ake, Zouma - all would be no worse than what we've got at present but weren't/won't be given the chance. I've realised that being a fan of this club means understanding that they will never prioritize future development over present success. If players and managers aren't able to perform to standard right now, then they are gone.

11. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

You'd think, given that Chelsea seem to be trying to trim their spending down, that they would be trying to blood a few youngsters while they've still got some really top class experienced players to throw them in with. Just sending loads of players out of loan all over the place doesn't seem to be really producing anything. When was the last time a Chelsea youth player actually broke through and took a first team place?

12. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Andreas Christensen atm is the only one since John Terry I believe. Kurt Zouma was starting XI before his big injury, but he'd played for St Etienne before he was bought (so isn't really "our" youth product) while Christensen was only 15 when he joined. There have been no others that I can remember.

13. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Great goal that. I've been playing PES with United recently and that's pretty much every second goal I score.

14. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Huddersfield should have had a penalty. Smalling is a complete liability.

15. StevenW92

Regular

Drew 0-0 with Swansea this after. Put out a weakish side so would like to see us go for it at the Liberty in the replay. Our keeper made an outstanding save and we had a few chances of our own so the draw was a fair result. Key thing is we’re in the draw.

16. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Jesus christ. Smalling is all alone with the ball coming down to him so he heads it 20 yards to the Huddersfield defence. What's the fucking point.

17. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Hadergjonaj is probably the weirdest name going at the moment

18. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Shaw is completely isolated and Huddersfield are targeting him.

19. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

Two years ago I said he was the best center back in the Prem. Also said he should be the next United captain. You can’t get them all right, I guess.

20. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

He was good two years ago under LVG. He's just shocking under Mourinho so far. Bad of nerves.

RobbieBerns likes this.
  21. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Mata scored. Was called off by VAR. Looked a good decision.

22. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

wtf though lol they showed the VAR lines and they weren't straight :crylaugh:

23. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

although robbie savage is even saying it should have been a goal :crylaugh: :crylaugh: that's hilarious.

24. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

[​IMG]

:crylaugh: :crylaugh:

PandaBear! and Platy like this.
  25. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

here are the actual lines. Am I crazy or are they also not parallel to the edge of the box?

[​IMG]

edit: lmao don't mind me i just forgot what distance was.

PandaBear! and Garrett L. like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.