Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Men's Soccer (Football) Thread [Archived] Soccer • Page 649

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Not dirty, but every time the ball was in the air Everton players played the man before the ball and the ref let them get away with it. Only noticeable exception was when Rooney tried on De Gea. I never said Everton were dirty, just that they got away with a lot. Keane dragging down Lingard at the touchline near the end was hilariously bad.

2. Platy

Sam

Yeah, that's football. Everton had more of the ball from what I watched in the 2nd half, but didn't do anything dangerous with it. Completely fell apart after Mkhi's goal.

3. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Yeah they did. We sat off and they started to crowd into midfield. We missed Pogba or even Herrera, there was a notable change in the game when Herrera came on and we could hold onto the ball more. Everton should have taken advantage of the early second half period, shame the chances fell to Rooney

RobbieBerns likes this.
  4. Platy

Sam

Lyon keeper just made a great save off a Cavani penalty. Pushed it onto the bar, Cavani tried to claim it went in even though it was about 2 yards in front.

5. John Lopiano

aka Broken Parachute Moderator

I really like Burnley's white kit.

6. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Still can't believe Chelsea let us have Matić lol

RobbieBerns likes this.
  7. Carl Smookes

Yep, fantastic player

8. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Mustafi actually looked good again yesterday, and I thought Ramsey was great. Still don't understand taking off Lacazette though.

9. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

Newcastle are currently sat fourth. Can we call it quits now, please?

JM95 and Nick like this.
  10. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

Just seen Spurs are playing Barnsley tomorrow and it dawned on me that it's be great for Spurs to have good cup runs this year (and get drawn against lower league sides) as it'll be awesome for the traveling fans/players from the other teams to get to go to Wembley.

11. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

I think this is prime time for Spurs to focus on winning some silverware too. In the grand scheme of things, this is probably the least likely year for them to win the league in the last few years, and winning the FA Cup and getting too 3/4 would make it a fantastic season for them in my opinion. Give the players a taste of glory, and build on it next year.

ugman_2000 likes this.
  12. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

If Spurs don't win something in the new season or two, do we consider it a failure given their players and manager, or an achievement to have just done so well considering their finances and club stature?

13. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Less failure, more missed opportunity I think. This Spurs side should be winning something, even a League Cup.

14. Platy

Sam

Or a game at Wembley.

15. Yeah, winning a game at home is step 1. We can talk potential cups after that.

16. Out of curiosity, why wouldn't the league accept Tottenham's request to decrease the field deminsions at Wembley? If it's our home field shouldn't we be able to control the deminsions?

It ultimately doesn't bother me because I don't think the bigger field is the issue. There have been a combo of issues during those games that hurt the team.

17. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Because Wembley is the standard pitch dimensions. Smaller ones are only smaller due to the stands locations. Wembley can fit a full size pitch, therefore there's a full size pitch.

SamLevi11 likes this.
  18. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

uhhh, ok...

AFoolsGlory likes this.
  19. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Seems a little late Rio.

Also read this morning that Man United had a racist chant on Sunday for Lukaku. Wasn't able to find what was actually sung but know it includes remarks that he has a large penis.

20. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

Is that racism or positive discrimination? :devil:

(Side note, I don't actually know the chant)

21. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Romelu Lukaku
    He's our scoring genius
    He's got a 24 inch penis
    Bastard to his toes

22. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Jozy has a chant about his penis too iirc something like

He's strong and he's quick
    He's got a massive dick

23. Mr. Dennis

On the Free from PSG

He scores all the goals
    a bellend down to his toes

24. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

:tear::tear::tear:

25. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Should be noted that is only for United, not the league as a whole.

Still fucking awesome.

PandaBear! likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.