Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Men's Soccer (Football) Thread [Archived] Soccer • Page 561

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

City's new keeper was absolutely mugged off last night. Hopefully more to come.

AFoolsGlory likes this.
  2. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Not seen a single reliable link for Sanches for us, where have you seen that?

3. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I think they're a bot

4. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

Looking at the range of topics they've managed to post relevantly post into, they'd be a quite sophisticated bot.

5. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Yeah I know. It's really fucking weird. They just drive by post every so often often saying nonsensical shit that is vaguely close to what would actually be said on a topic. I've asked if they're a bot and never got a response lol so I've just assumed they are.

Wharf Rat likes this.
  6. P-DAWG wufwuf (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:✧

Regular Prestigious

Bot or no bot you are my favourite poster.

orangehorizon and Wharf Rat like this.
  7. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Mods have had this conversation too and landed on "maybe it's an esl thing? Maybe it's a bot?"

8. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I thought it was esl at first, but I've never seen them respond to anything or anyone and they constantly get stuff kind of wrong. They also have one of the broadest ranges of interests I've ever seen :crylaugh:

Garrett L. likes this.
  9. Garrett

Bots contain multitudes.

10. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Man, if PSG get Neymar and Sanchez, watch them with the UCL next year.

11. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Awful neck tat too.

Garrett L. and AFoolsGlory like this.
  12. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

The best way to see if it's a bot is to call it a bot and if that doesn't work you just insult it

Nick likes this.
  13. Garrett

Assuming Neymar and Sanchez would be instant starters, because well, yeah, which two sits out of Draxler, Cavani, Di Maria, Matuidi, Rabiot, and Verratti? Not to mention Thiago Motta, Lucas Moura, and Pastore. It's not like any of those players would want to stay second fiddle for very long. My word, PSG is loaded.

Saw a breakdown last night, Neymar would end up costing PSG almost 600m euros between fees, taxes, and salary, and the current rumor on the bid for Alexis is 50m + whatever salary they agree on. So, depending on contract lengths, those two players could cost PSG a billion euros over the next four seasons.

If there's THAT much money to be made in jersey sales, all of us got into the wrong profession. It's not like their presence will enhance ticket sales for a club that already has good ticket sales. Enhances win chances a bit, but they're already loaded in that regard, too.

14. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

It's a common myth, but club's don't see anything out of shirt sales. Saw someone break that argument down somewhere a few weeks ago. Basically clubs are given a set amount for the shirt deal, and then don't see any of the money from the sales of the shirts after. So even if a new signing did impact sales, it's not like it would help the club with transfer investments.

Apparently they're trying to ship Matuidi off, and Aurier is being linked places, so there's probably about £60 million there given the market. Do Maria is being linked to Inter too, but not sure what's happening with that.

I think it's basically the owners saying fuck it, we need the Champions league at any cost. There's all sorts of rumours about how they're trying to get around FFP by having Neymar pay his own release clause, where he would effectively become a free agent to then sign with PSG.

Garrett L. likes this.
  15. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Offloading Di Maria and Krychowiak to Inter, plus Rabiot, Ben Arfa, and Matuidi leaving would surely bring in somewhere near £120m. Still leaves them with a lot of options in midfield/winger positions.

Motta, Veratti, Pastore, Draxler, Jese, Guedes to name just a few before any incoming transfers.

Garrett L. likes this.
  16. van Dijk telling Southampton he wants to leave. That's my dream signing for Spurs this window but it'll never happen. Toby, VDV, Jan as the back 3 would dominate.

PandaBear! likes this.
  17. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Damn that would be a good back 3

18. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

That was my assumption too. I'm starting to wonder whether we're getting trolled by a Computer Science uni project or something.

19. Garrett

ESPN is reporting Neymar deal is happening today.

20. If Neymar leaves I hope Barca goes after Aubameyang.

21. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

So Neymar doesn't want to leave. SHOCKING NEWS.

Garrett L. likes this.
  22. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Aubameyang would be the biggest waste of money this window if anyone buys him.

23. Garrett

Arsene says Sanchez isn't going to PSG.

Zidane confirmed Danilo has left and the rumor is Shitteh

24. City spending over 200m this window

Pep is such a great manager.....

25. Omg Eriksen

What a strike

kidwithhelmet likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.