Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Men's Soccer (Football) Thread [Archived] Soccer • Page 560

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Night Channels

Trusted

wow...what in the hell

2. Night Channels

Trusted

horrible officiating

Garrett L. likes this.
  3. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

This is peak concacaf

4. Night Channels

Trusted

OMAR

5. Garrett

Omar!

6. Garrett

Lichaj! What a finish for a defender

Night Channels likes this.
  7. Garrett

This is the best reference I've ever seen a social media account make.

8. Garrett

Holy shit he bit Jozy

9. Garrett

El Salvador may be the dirtiest team in concacaf. Toss up with mexico.

Night Channels likes this.
  10. Night Channels

Trusted

This is awful. Morris just got punched in the stomach.

11. Garrett

Hedges and Morrow are not ready for this level of play. Feel the same way about Acosta, but he's closer.

12. Ruethless

King of Europe

13. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

I was looking in here because I watched the Gold Cup match tonight and saw the previous discussion. I watch the men's game some but I don't follow it that closely so I prefer having separate threads for men's and women's, plus I feel discussion of the women's game would just get buried in here.

But by all means you guys should hop in there some time because I feel like I'm talking to myself half the time lol. The USWNT has the Tournament of Nations starting next week with Australia, Brazil, and Japan so it should be some good fun.

gonz (Alex) and Night Channels like this.
  14. Platy

Sam

I know it won't happen, but if Neymar moves to PSG for £200m then my interest in the sport will drop to almost zero. Transfer prices are bad enough as it is, but that's just beyond stupid.

15. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

The money changing hands in the game now is absolutely obscene. FIFA (or UEFA) should have laid down the laws years ago to sort this sort of BS out.

I did see something interesting a little while ago, which suggested that the natural extension of the Bosman rule was to get rid of transfer fees altogether and have the players be treated like normal employees. Obviously, it can't be that simple, because every lower league club would lose their academy products for nothing, but it would put a stop to the crazy money being pushed around in transfers at least.

It would need some sort of salary cap though. Otherwise that transfer money would just end up in signing on fees or salary.

16. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

If they tried the big clubs would be like "nah we good, if you try we're gone" which would probably decimate everything.

17. Garrett

So, uh, not only did one player bite Jozy last night, a different player bit Omar as well.

18. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

This neymar stuff is very entertaining

19. Garrett

Beginning to think he actually goes. He's the most replaceable of the MSN on current form (PSG remontada game notwithstanding), but he's also got the highest ceiling.

Rumor has it if he goes, we'll buy Mbappe, Celtic's Dembele (or maybe Dortmund's, not entirely sure), and trigger Verrati's clause too as "payback." Idk.

20. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

As far as I know, Verrati doesn't have a clause as theyre illegal in France?

21. Garrett

That's the thing with Twitter rumors, haha. And when it comes to La Liga, it's a wild world or partial translations.

22. Jeff

Regular Prestigious

It's absurd that 5 years ago, the 35m fee for Andy Carrol was seen as an astronomical figure. Now that's just commonplace. Then we get Bale at what, 100m like 2 years later, and we're talking a 200 fucking million dollar fee for Neymar?

Unfortunately as far as wages go, we're seeing in the NBA right now that star players are getting paid less than they're actually worth because of the cap, despite record breaking salaries. I feel like you couldn't get around that dilemma in this sport. The top guys really are worth their wages, even though the numbers seem super inflated. It's broken, but it's kind of beyond fixing I feel like. The impact of trying to regulate a cap would be a total clusterfuck. You can't just reset what's already been inflated to such an extent.

Garrett L. likes this.
  23. musicandlyrics

Xaxa Mckenzie

Manchester United is an all-star squad but the thing is consistency and unity is missing in the past season of Premier League, like each of their players want to outclass each other. Paul Pogba is not even worthy of its transfer bid. Now, they are targeting Bayern's midfielder, Renato Sanches. I wonder what will be Mourinho's tactical play this season to make it on big league cup next year.

24. Garrett

Some goal by Hoillet there

25. OdranWaldo

Brendan Rodgers Young Team Prestigious

why would barca want moussa lmao he is nowhere near ready for that

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.