Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Men's Soccer (Football) Thread [Archived] Soccer • Page 840

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

While people may show up for the Ireland/USA game in here I want to mention the World Cup betting game and bracket I set up again. Would quote them to this page but I’m at work training for my promotion so I’m sneaking on real quick.

primavera and Nick like this.
  2. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Count me in.

Garrett L. likes this.
  3. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

omg we won? How did we win :crylaugh:

Just noticed Burke, a league of Ireland player scored. :crylaugh: good advert for our league

4. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Fred is having his medical today. If we don't announce him in the Fred the Red costume we are officially the worst club in the world.

Mr. Dennis, SamLevi11 and ugman_2000 like this.
  5. Garrett

We literally just discussed this not being THAT Fred and I still went “why?!” on first read

6. Love the new avatar

Garrett L. likes this.
  7. Hoping for a flurry of signings this week. I’m guessing teams will want to finish some business before the World Cup.

8. Garrett

There’s a whole photo shoot of him with goats on Twitter. I couldn’t NOT do it.

9. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Arsenal have met Fellaini's representatives.

Weird but I see it being a decent move. It'll be on a free, he scores vital goals, we need some bigger combatitive players and I doubt the wages costs would be ridiculous.

Plus he's like a cross between a palm free and a flick knife and I kinda like that.

10. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Leroy Sane has not made it into Germany's final squad :embarrassed:

bobby_runs likes this.
  11. Garrett

Germany’s C squad could make the semis at least so I knew there’d be a shocker or two for their final roster.

12. Garrett

One thing I’m noticing across the board for CONMEBOL teams (not including Brazil and Uruguay, I guess) is that they’re all LOADED with attacking talent, but don’t necessarily have the world class defenders to match.

13. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Makes it easier to root against Germany though.

PandaBear! likes this.
  14. orangehorizon

Trusted

He was quite bad in the last games he played for the national team. Very selfish with way to many dribbles when other players were in better positions. And we have Reus and Draxler on that same position so it's not like we desperately need to take another left winger to Russia.

The outrage from City fans all over the internet is quite funny though.

PandaBear! likes this.
  15. Mr. Dennis

On the Free from PSG

Attached Files:

16. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Sané has been shite for Germany when I've seen him. Plays a different role there than the one at City and can't adapt to it.

orangehorizon likes this.
  17. Garrett

Last World Cup we made a different thread for the World Cup but then all ended up posting here anyway. Thoughts this time around?

18. Platy

Sam

World Cup thread might be good for the new/casual fans to post in?

Not in a "get out my thread" way, but in a keep this thread for football news way? Idk.

Garrett L. likes this.
  19. TheGuyfkaFringeofLunacy

Trusted Supporter

Good to see Yaya back to being Yaya with his dumbass comments. What a doofus.

PandaBear! likes this.
  20. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Lot of people on twitter discussing this right now. Toure really goes in, don't know what to think!

21. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

When do threads on here get closed?

I'd say close this one and open another for the world cup / next season. Have the name World Cup thread, then change it back to Men's Football thread when it's finished?

AFoolsGlory and Garrett L. like this.
  22. Garrett

Closes at 35k, but I also really like that idea.

23. Garrett

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.