Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Men's Soccer (Football) Thread [Archived] Soccer • Page 839

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Conte, maybe?

2. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Real couldn't care less if it will cost a ton of money, if they want Poch, they will go for him.

3. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Wenger would be hilarious. Hope it happens

4. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

Imagine if he went there for a couple of years and just won the lot. Complete mic drop to end his career on. :-p

Nick likes this.
  5. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

That's what I was thinking. Imagine AFTV with Wenger picking up big ears next year :crylaugh:

6. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

99% of our fans would be genuinely delighted. We'd all be cheering them on in the final in pubs around the Emirates.

7. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

99% of your fans aren't like the lads on AFTV to be fair.

8. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

That's definitely true. I did bump into Kelechi at the Atetico home game. Seems a nice chap.

Nick likes this.
  9. I don’t think Poch is the type of person to jump ship right after signing another contract but you never know I guess.

10. Doesn’t mean he won’t leave but the papers claiming there some kind of buy-out clause for him to join RM are trash.

11. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I can't imagine he would go through the whole stadium process and leave before the first season there. But on the other hand, no one could really blame him for wanting to go to the biggest club in the world.}

I think he'll stay for one more season.

12. The only clubs I could see Poch leaving for are PSG and RM. And I’d put PSG at the top of that list. He’s said he’ll never coach at Barca because of his time at Espanyol, and I think the same idea applies to prem league rivals.

Based on how Poch spoke in his book I really don’t think he’s the type of coach that would go to the bigger club just because it’s a bigger club. Both times he’s moved clubs (Espanyol to Southampton and Southampton to Spurs) the club he was leaving was not in a good place. And it was still a very tough decision for him. The timing for the moves made sense. The timing for this move doesn’t.

primavera likes this.

13. He says it better than me

14. Garrett

I watch him play every week and sometimes I still forget just how good he is.

JM95 and PandaBear! like this.
  15. Garrett

Now sure of many of you abroad will get this, but this just made me spit take my coffee

Sorry @gonz (Alex)

Jeff, AFoolsGlory, Dave Diddy and 2 others like this.
  16. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I think he's the one basketball player I recognise tbh. That said, I can imagine this when Argentina go out in the QF.

17. Garrett

He put up one of the all time greatest Finals performances last night and his teammate didn’t shoot an easy lay-up to win the game with four seconds left because he thought they already had the lead. They were tied. Went on to lose by 10 in OT. It was...well, it left like half the NBA thread speechless.

18. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

tbh there was quite a lot of speech, it just all consisted of “JR WHAT THE FUUUUUCK”

Garrett L. likes this.
  19. Garrett

The millennial speechless :crylaugh:

primavera likes this.
  20. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

:crylaugh: wtf

21. *sigh*

Garrett L. likes this.

22. :heart:

primavera likes this.

23. lmao

24. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

the Ireland v USA game kicks off at 8:08pm lol. apparently the US tv station requested to kickoff to be pushed back 8 minutes for ads!

orangehorizon likes this.
  25. Platy

Sam

England beat Nigeria? It's coming home, lads.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.