Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Men's Soccer (Football) Thread [Archived] Soccer

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Melody Bot Mar 13, 2015
    (Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2017)
    Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

Welcome new friends and old. This is a thread to discuss the beautiful game. Don't be afraid to say hello or ask questions. There is also a thread to discuss the Women's side of the game here.

2017-2018 EPL Fantasy:

Plug.dj Room

Supporter's Table

@AFoolsGlory – Matt: England – Manchester United :mufc: - Middlesbrough
    @Dani: USA – Arsenal :arsenal: – Real Madrid :realmadrid:
    @Garrett L.: USA – Swansea City :swans: – Barcelona :barca: – Udinese
    @George: England – Preston North End
    @gonz (Alex): USA – Tottenham :tottenham: – Columbus
    @Jeff: USA – Houston Dynamo
    @John Lopiano: USA - Blackburn - Everton :everton:- RBNY - Napoli
    @Keri: USA – DC United – Hamburg
    @MattLikesSsips – Matt: USA - Chelsea :chelsea:
    @MrCon – Mike: England – Newcastle United :nufc:
    @Mr. Dennis – Joe: USA – Manchester United :mufc:
    @Nick: Ireland – Manchester United :mufc:
    @OdranWaldo: Ireland – Barcelona :barca: – Celtic -- Feyenoord
    @orangehorizon – Holger: Germany – Everton :everton: – Bayern Munich – EFC Stahl
    @P-DAWG wufwuf (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:✧ – Stephen: Ireland – Arsenal :arsenal: – Real Madrid :realmadrid:
    @Paulie: USA – Tottenham :tottenham: – Minnesota United
    @Platy – Sam: England – Ipswich – Dallas FC
    @RobbieBerns: USA – Manchester United :mufc: – Toronto FC
    @Ruethless – Ed: USA – Manchester United :mufc: – RBNY – Atletico Madrid – PSG – Bayer Leverkusen – Sydney FC – PSV Eindhoven
    @SamLevi11: England – Arsenal :arsenal: – Atletico Madrid – Hertha Berlin
    @Swoos – Tyler: USA – Tottenham :tottenham: – Barcelona :barca:
    @TheGuyfkaFringeofLunacy – Dillon: USA – Manchester City :mcfc: – Detroit FC
    @ugman_2000 – Rick: England – Blackburn
    @what – Tom: USA – Everton :everton: – Juventus :juventus:
    @williek311 -- Will: USA – Manchester United :mufc:

2. George

Trusted Prestigious

Yesterday night, I had Bayern - Juve on the telly, Arsenal - Barcelona on my laptop, and followed the live updates of Preston - Charlton on my phone. Felt like I was plugged into the Matrix.

Jason Tate likes this.
  3. Joe DeAndrea Mar 2, 2016
    (Last edited: May 4, 2016)
    Joe DeAndrea

Regular Supporter

Tottenham's gonna win the league. :ok:

Edit: Fuck.

Dapper1 likes this.
  4. George

Trusted Prestigious

After the way they played against West Ham, no way. Pochettino has run his small squad into the ground, they're absolutely spent physically. With the Europa League still to come, with two difficult games against Dortmund, I don't think they'll have enough in the tank to close down on Leicester.

5. Joe DeAndrea

Regular Supporter

Yeah Kane was pretty awful, definitely shows their struggles without a second striker. I'm banking on a Leicester choke-job though, hopefully. Dortmund's got me worried too but if they can't beat them then they've got no business winning Europa anyway.

6. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

New football thread, excited. I promise to be nicer from the start.

7. George

Trusted Prestigious

Haha Mata. The two dumbest yellow cards in a 3 minute window.

8. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Terrible stuff from Juan. Thought the second one was harsh until I saw the replay. Eejit.

9. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

everton.........

oh....

everton.......

10. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

So this is my new place to talk about Barcelona while nobody else cares? Excellent.

Wharf Rat and SomedayTheFire like this.
  11. George

Trusted Prestigious

Preston away at Notts Forest tonight, following a dud 0-0 with Brighton on Sat. We're still in for a (just about) outside chance of play-offs, if everyone else blows it. But a mid-table comfortable position in the Championship is pretty good going considering we only got promoted last season.

I went to watch them play at Cardiff two weeks ago, lost 2-1 with two penalties from Cardiff and they were just pure shite, one of the worst performances of the season.

12. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

First time following the EPL in depth this year. I was sort of raised into the Arsenal culture years ago, but I am actually watching games, making an effort to get to know more players, and playing the EA fantasy stuff. It's been a fun season. Love to see what Leicester is doing. Happy for that club and their fans.

13. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

sub a dubb dubb

14. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I would love to see Leicester win the league, it would be such a fairy tale story.

15. Garrett

I want Leicester to win the league, just because I think watching them in the Champions League next year could be insane if they can keep up the squad/performances. I think the new TV money will help keep the squad, but I also wouldn't be surprised to see quite a few Big Teams go hard for Mahrez asap.

16. Michael Schmidt

I feel like Vardy is very likely to go if he does somewhat ok playing for England. Mahrez should be sold too imo. Losing them would not make fans happy but they should think about the bigger picture of the club. Selling those guys high would give them a lot more flexibility. I am not an EPL expert, so I could be way off.

17. Garrett

If the new tv money didn't kick in next year, that argument would make much more sense. But even the bottom three clubs next year are going to be operating with budgets larger than almost every team in Serie A/La Liga/Bundesliga. If I recall correctly, the only teams with larger budgets than the top twenty of England will be Real Madrid, Bayern, and Barcelona.

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  18. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Yeah with the money coming in, Leicester don't need to sell. But I doubt the owners would turn down the kinda money to be thrown at them this summer. I mean they signed Mahrez for €300k!

19. Michael Schmidt

Interesting. Is there a good article to read more about this deal and it's impending fallout?

20. Garrett

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  21. Garrett

That type of deal is mind-boggling, isn't it? I can't imagine the kind of sums we'll see thrown at him this summer. My guess is he may end up at Atletico, for some reason. Or, God forbid, in Chelsea's vast midfielder pool.

22. Michael Schmidt

23. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Can we fast forward a year so I can finally watch ATL Utd?

24. George

Trusted Prestigious

Awww man I thought today was Tuesday and Preston were playing. Turns out it's only Monday. What a travesty.

25. Garrett

Just realized this is the first week when Barca doesn't have a midweek game in (I think) four months. And every player will have worked off their yellow card accumulation bans (Neymar and Mascherano) by the time the game on Saturday is over. Enrique is ridiculously good at squad balance, rotation, rest, and strategic bans. Getting Neymar banned for the Eibar game? Getting Mascherano out for Getafe?

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.