Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Men In Black International (F. Gary Gray, June 14,2019) Movie • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Sep 20, 2018.

1. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

Saw this last night. Wasn't by any means groundbreaking, or even close to holding a candle to the original, but it wasn't all bad, or by any means a slog. Started out a lot stronger than some sections in the middle, and some of the action was pretty cool. Overall: Fun, but not amazing. Tessa was great.

Men In Black
    >
    Men In Black International (just)
    Men In Black 3
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    Men In Black 2

2. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Semi-related, this is from the writer of MIB 1. That’s insane.

3. fbrrocks

Trusted

saw the movie at the premiere Tuesday night i had a great time seeing and got to do black carpet were the fan pit was and they gave away hats pins the look like the neutralizer and sunglasses. i got to meet Kumail Nanjiani,murr from impractical jokers could of met dr oz, but idc about him also met J. Alexander from top model.

imthesheriff likes this.
  4. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Thread

5. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

They included me!

6. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

No shit. Which one are you

7. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I’m two of them, both NPNOWGaug. It’s pretty hilarious how many journalists did the same thing. But eh, a lazy movie gets a lazy phrase.

Serh likes this.
  8. iCarly Rae Jepsen Jun 15, 2019
    (Last edited: Jun 15, 2019)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I think they only said H changed after the incident 50 times before saying who he was before

having Chris Hemsworth exemplify male white privilege and Tessa getting shit done made this worthwhile I guess, gonna have to put her in any movie so she can be fully utilized

also what happens if there are 27 agents or there's a Molly and a Mike

Emma Thompson is in two movies this week and in both her protege is named Molly lol

I also kept thinking about Tom Delonge with Molly, what if he's right bout aliens and we keep laughing at him

9. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Oof, $28M opening weekend :teethsmile:

10. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Yeah, this might not be getting a sequel.

11. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Can’t imagine what the advertising budget must have been for this, especially the tie-ins with the Finals. Honestly, I don’t think anyone’s gonna be too upset this won’t get a sequel.

The original trilogy ended well enough with MIB3 and I think its success skated by on nostalgia and Will Smith. They should have just kept it at that or at least tried a new angle with these characters. They didn’t and need to just let it die.

12. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Wonder if people at Sony are thinking "man, maybe we should've let that MIB/Jump Street crossover be a thing"

domotime2, Zilla and imthesheriff like this.
  13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

okay old white dude steals a movie from a POC director, now it makes sense, this sucks for Tessa and Chris

Zilla and Joe4th like this.
  14. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Not surprising. Producers like Parkes feel they have enough clout to ride the coattails of past successes and make better decisions than established and well-liked directors/writers, despite his track record. Like, okay cool dude, you wrote two mediocre movies that haven’t aged well... and that gives you priority because you’re an old white dude who’s pals with Spielberg???

He’s been a part of some excellent docs, but when it comes to fictional films, the dude is a junkyard heap. Producers like him can’t face the music and accept they don’t know as much as they (or their resumes) suggest. I feel badly for the people who worked on this; it’s embarrassing but all-too-common these days in Hollywood.

15. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

That idea the proposed original screenplay was based on sounds like it would have been pretty fun

16. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious