Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Men In Black International (F. Gary Gray, June 14,2019) Movie • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Same. Just saw the latest trailer for the first time

Joe4th likes this.
  2. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

fbrrocks likes this.
  3. fbrrocks

Trusted

Yesterday from sony’s Twitter I won tickets to the premiere of this in nyc. So excited I never been to a movie premiere before. I can’t believe I will be in same room as Chris hemsworth

4. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I think it looks fine. Thompson/Hemsworth together push it over the edge into "probably will see it" for me, though. Unless the reviews are totally abysmal I'll give it a watch.

5. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah I see this being at least a fun time at the movies. F. Gary Gray is probably a long way from that awful Jamie Foxx/Gerard Butler clusterfuck from a decade ago

6. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Halfway decent at best. There's some killer among the filler, but Tessa and Chris aren't written as well as they could be. And they completely waste/misuse Emma Thompson AND Rebecca Ferguson in this. Also should've been like 20 minutes shorter. I was worried that Pawny would've been the thing that'd take the movie to cringey levels, turns out he was one of its bright spots half the time. Still better than MIB2

7. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Oh, and my theater really loved when Hemsworth got his hands on a hammer. Wonder why

Zilla likes this.
  8. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I honestly thought that might have been made just for the trailer. Feel like you don't trust your film if you need to put something that obvious in there ugh

9. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Didn't realize/remember that was initially in the trailer, my bad

10. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Haha yeah that and the "have we met before" between Chris and Tessa. May as well have just said "starring the stars of the best Thor movie" haha

fbrrocks and Zilla like this.
  11. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, this was a marginal miss. Like, Chris and Tessa were putting all they had into it, but the jokes weren’t there. And the cute alien guy - I wish they would learn from the first that a little cute goes a long way. Also, write a proper villain.

12. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Oh yeah - This is the second movie in a year where Liam Neeson is the secret bad guy.

13. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

When you say "in a year," do you mean calendar year or the last 12 months? All else I can think of is Widows

14. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Correct

15. Technically third movie if you count the cinematic experience of Real Life

16. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

Seeing this in 3 hours, keen af.

Someone who's seen it, just tell me this. Is it better than MIB2? If it is, I'm happy.

17. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Anything is better than MIB2.

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  18. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

“secret” = worst kept secret that was totally obvious in both cases

smoke4thecaper, Zilla and I Am Mick like this.
  19. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Hell yea

I called him being a villain last December.

smoke4thecaper likes this.
  20. Reviews are not good

21. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

I see this being a box office bomb for some reason.

22. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Between this, Dark Phoenix, & Godzilla, my anticipated blockbusters sure are on a roll, lol.

Not that my expectations were high for this (or Dark Phoenix, for that matter, which I still liked in spite of it not being good; haven't seen Godzilla yet). I'll probably still watch for Tessa & the best Marvel Chris.

iCarly Rae Jepsen and justin. like this.
  23. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I think if you go just for them, you won’t be disappointed. Their natural charm and the fact that they’re working so hard to get some laughs out of this mediocre script is at least respectable.

iCarly Rae Jepsen and Tim like this.
  24. Henry

Moderator Moderator

those reviews are rough

25. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

If you need a dose of Emma Thompson this weekend, it’s nice that she has another movie out so I don’t have to sit thru this.

Love Tessa and Chris, but good lord this looks like a slog. Doesn’t help that I’ve had to see the trailer with nearly every film since winter. I’ll go see Shaft and Late Night instead.