Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Memphis May Fire

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by poppunkpotato, Mar 31, 2016.

1. poppunkpotato

Jalen Ramsey is the GOAT

Memphis May Fire is a up and coming metalcore band that has released some of the better albums of the metal scene such as Challenger and Unconditional.

2. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I just saw these guys open for Killswitch Engage last week. Earlier that afternoon, I was leaving work and walking to my bus, when I saw this guy, clearly in some type of band with the clothing he was wearing, looking at his phone and back up, like he was looking for some place. I asked what he was looking for, and he mentioned this local sushi place, so I pointed it out and he was on his way. No idea who he was, but I at least assumed he was playing at the show that night for one of the bands. Later, Memphis May Fire walks out on stage, and sure enough, the lead singer was the guy I gave sushi restaurant directions to, hahaha. Pretty decent band live

3. poppunkpotato

Jalen Ramsey is the GOAT

Man that's awesome that you get to say you met Matty Mullins without having to do a meet and greet

4. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Hahahah their new album didn’t even chart after Unconditinal hit #4. This band is so bad.

Theemoflamingo likes this.
  5. Theemoflamingo

Regular

Sadly my friend just showed me numbers and they charted at #77 with 2675 copies sold

6. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Not according to billboards website

7. I don't see them lasting much longer

8. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

The new album isn’t very good, but it doesn’t tell the whole story of why they struggled so much with sales. Rise barely put any money into promoting it, at least, that’s what it seems like. They released one song prior to the album release, and going through Reddit, the general theme I noticed was that people didn’t even know the album was coming out.

There was even a thread asking if Rise was intentionally tanking the album. It is interesting because obviously just a couple albums prior they sold quite a few records and were coming up.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.