Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Memphis May Fire – “Wanting More”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Never really understood the appeal of this band. What's their best record?

3. Sleepwalking

4. Quijiba

Memphis May Fire (EP) (their first form 2007) and Sleepwalking (i.e. their debut). Some people really enjoyed The Hollow but in my opinion everything after these 2 albums can be forgotten

ChaseTx and ConArdist like this.
  5. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Thanks, I'll give the full thing a listen! I want to get into them, and their show was fun at Warped.

6. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Thanks for the responses guys. Outta curiosity, you fans of SWS? I'm gonna get a resounding yes or no here lol. I'm a big SWS fan, and when did Matty and Kellin become connected at the hip? That crap "Congratulations" song/vid or even before?

7. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

People here love Sleepwalking, but I'd imagine most fans you speak to that are heavily into the band will say the Hollow. That was their breakthrough album and it is a shift in sounds for the band I guess. Challenger was a big album as well, although I'm not a huge fan of it.

ConArdist likes this.
  8. Morkypep

Sleepwalking is godlike. I decided to listen to it again the other day after over a year of not hearing it. Still holds up so well. Really wish this band didn't fall so far.

9. honkytonk

Narcissism on narcotics

Yeah Sleepwalking was great. I tried to get into their newer stuff when they toured with Yellowcard but nothing really caught save for a few songs.

10. Before, they did "Miles Away" together on MMF's Challenger album.

11. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Sleepwalking isn't great, only the EP is good but it's very good

12. Morkypep

sleepwalking > EP by about 300%

13. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Oh okay, thanks.

14. lolfpcmlol

Regular

I have defended this band pretty heavily in the past but this song is just terrible. In fact, the last 2 songs were terrible. I liked the message on their first single and that Matty is non apologetic for who he is but then he rehashed that theme in the song with Jacoby (ok, starting to agree with others, we get it) except in a worse manner (both musicianship and lyrics) and now this new song is just a dumpster fire. I am glad I skipped them live the other week as I'm sure they played a ton of garbage off this new CD.