Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Meg Myers Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bd007h, Mar 31, 2016.

1. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

Yeah it seems to be the common consensus that her two EPs are stronger than her debut full-length lol

2. bd007h

I'd recommend Adelaide, After You, Go, Make A Shadow, The Morning After, Monster, and Heart Heart Head.

3. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Starting on the list now. So far, dang is Adelaide good.

bd007h likes this.
  4. bd007h

That's my #1 favorite song of hers lol

5. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

On After You now. Also really liking this one. She's definitely someone I can see myself really getting into.

bd007h likes this.
  6. bd007h

Good deal! I've converted a few other people outside this page as well lol. Kinda wish there were more fans on here but it's a start hahaha

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  7. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Convert the whole site one member at a time. haha

bd007h likes this.
  8. bd007h

working on it hahaha B-)

9. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Listened to all of the songs. I liked all of them a good bit, Heart Heart Head got way more intense than I thought it would. haha

bd007h likes this.
  10. bd007h May 8, 2016
    (Last edited: May 8, 2016)
    bd007h

She goes all out when she performs that live.

Have yet to see her in person but I've watched plenty of live videos on youtube lol

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  11. bd007h

She was in my area on May 16 last year but it was the same day as my best friend's wedding in which I was a groomsmen, and I couldn't make it :uhoh:

12. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

That sounds sad. I'm sure she'll be back though! She seems to be gaining a lot of popularity.

bd007h likes this.
  13. bd007h

Yeah it's great to see. She deserves all the exposure she can get!

14. bd007h

I think one of the things I like the most about her is her diversity. She has a lot of different sounding songs. But also the way she blends pop with alternative is pretty cool.

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  15. bd007h

Also judging by her posts on facebook, instagram, and twitter she seems like someone who would be super chill to hang out with hahaha

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  16. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

She definitely seems really chill. I was never more shocked to hear someone scream since Lemon Eyes was my first song. Haha Both musically, and more of a scream of pure terror. She's been around awhile too it seems. Thought she was newer honestly.

bd007h likes this.
  17. bd007h

Her debut EP came out in 2012 and her debut full length just came out in September, so she is fairly new. But she has flown pretty under the radar for the past couple years, which is kinda disappointing. Glad to see her getting a little more exposure of late but hope to see her gain even more popularity.

I however don't want her to change her sound just to gain more fans though hahaha

18. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I'd be really disappointed if she went totally mainstream. I think she could explore pop more, but I don't want her to lose the experimental side at all.

19. bd007h

I love her sound the way it is I just wish she got more exposure. She isn't as well known as I feel she should be haha.

20. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Yeah. There's a lot of artists like her I feel should be getting as big as the current big stars like Katy Perry and Taylor Swift. (Meg, Run Weaver, Kye Kye)

21. bd007h

I'm surprised she isn't as big her contemporaries such as Lorde, Lana Del Rey, Tove Lo, Charli XCX, etc. I personally like Meg much better lol.

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  22. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Yeah, though I do really like Lana Del Rey.

bd007h likes this.
  23. bd007h

Yeah she's pretty good. Still like Meg better though lol

24. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I might end up liking Meg more when I start listening more in depth. Though those songs you recommended were all really really good.

bd007h likes this.
  25. bd007h

I think Meg is more diverse than Lana, although some songs I can see a bit of a comparison.