Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Meg Myers Band • Page 10

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bd007h, Mar 31, 2016.

1. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

Yeah, although 300 has more of a hip hop/rap roster haha

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  2. bd007h

Meg is working on music with Ray Toro of My Chemical Romance :thumbup:

[​IMG]

3. That's incredible and unexpected!

bd007h likes this.
  4. bd007h

MCR's touring drummer Jarrod Alexander has also been drumming for Meg for her live shows lately so there is a connection there :thumbup:

5. bd007h Mar 19, 2020
    (Last edited: Mar 19, 2020)
    bd007h

Finally got my prizes from the tunespeak contest I was notified I won in early January. Adding to my autograph collection :crylaugh:

[​IMG]

What Meg wrote at the bottom of the original art piece she sent is really fitting during the times we are currently in.

6. bd007h

One of my favorites on Take Me To The Disco

7. bd007h Apr 6, 2020
    (Last edited: Apr 10, 2020)
    bd007h

Teasing a new song Children of Light Pt II

8. bd007h

I dunno if this new song sounds better stripped back on piano like this or the darker studio version she gave us a preview of the other day.

9. bd007h Apr 14, 2020
    (Last edited: Apr 14, 2020)
    bd007h

Meg's got skills :crylaugh:

She also mentioned she has not one, but "a couple" EPs coming out later this year as well as a single "in a few weeks"

10. bd007h Apr 30, 2020
    (Last edited: May 1, 2020)
    bd007h

She just did an hour long livestream on her Patreon the other night announcing two EPs due out in June ("probably") and (in her words "in like") October, and gave full previews of the two singles True Liars and Anyway You Want To Love (and took a informal fan vote on which one should come out first). She also gave a full preview of demos two-part song Children of Light which she is working on for album 3 that should be out sometime in 2021.

True Liars is a bit darker while Any Way You Want To Love is a little more upbeat and dancy, and both parts of Children of Light are quite different from one another. Part 1 (which she demoed with Ray Toro of MCR) is a softer emotional piano based song with backing strings in the second half of the song as it builds. Part 2 (demoed with Andy Park) is what is what she previewed in an instagram video I posted earlier of her dancing along, which is more dark, upbeat and industrial, that she also posted a video of her playing on piano. I had been confused about the part 1 and part 2 with the previews she had posted in the past, but all of the past previews were of part 2. Part 1 may perhaps be one of if not the most emotionally powerful song I've heard from her, which says a lot. She had said she was nervous sharing it because it's the most personal song she's ever written.

Overall, really looking forward to the EPs as well as album #3 and hearing the finished product of both parts of Children of Light.

11. bd007h

Meg's performance for Kansas City's 96.5 The Buzz's Virtual Beach Buzz on April 25

Desire:

Monster:

Constant:

Teenager:

coleslawed likes this.
  12. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

@bd007h what's this and how did I get to it before you???

coleslawed and Shakriel like this.
  13. bd007h May 21, 2020
    (Last edited: May 22, 2020)
    bd007h

I saw it hours ago but I've been skeptical about the fact that she hasn't mentioned or posted anything about it anywhere else other than spotify and soundcloud, and vocally it hardly even sounds much like her voice. It's not even either of the two upcoming singles that she previewed off the EPs out later this year.

Taking it with a grain of salt until something more concrete comes out about it.

14. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Different record label too, probably another artist huh

15. bd007h

Yeah she will be releasing her upcoming EPs on Sumerian Records. I was thinking someone possibly may have uploaded this to the wrong soundcloud and Spotify. Might have to do some more sleuthing haha

irthesteve likes this.
  16. bd007h

I shazammed it and it came up as "Suicidal Thoughts" by Xerthrul hahaha

Whoever the hell that is lol

17. bd007h May 21, 2020
    (Last edited: May 22, 2020)
    bd007h

Although looking that up it doesn't have the vocals and has someone rapping over the instrumental. So maybe that even samples another song.

irthesteve likes this.
  18. bd007h

Confirmation from Meg on an instagram post that it isn't her. She's doing a livestream Q&A on her Patreon tomorrow night so we'll see if she has any more concrete info on her upcoming EPs.

[​IMG]

irthesteve likes this.
  19. bd007h

Looks like she'll be at Riot Fest next year :thumbup:

20. bd007h Jun 22, 2020
    (Last edited: Jul 26, 2020)
    bd007h

Meg just did another livestream on Patreon and announced her two EPs to likely be released around August will be titled "Thank You For Taking Me To The Disco" and "I'd Like To Go Home Now" :crylaugh:. During these last few livestreams she's shared 5 songs from the upcoming EPs titled "True Liars", "Any Way You Want To Love", "Grisly", "Hurt" and "Sweet Liar". True Liars and Any Way You Want To Love are expected to be released as singles.

irthesteve likes this.
  21. bd007h

[​IMG]

irthesteve likes this.
  22. bd007h

New song she's been working on for album #3. She had said recently she's written more than enough for a new album already. She's demoed out a few already as well.

23. bd007h

Still think this (Children of Light Pt I) has the potential to be my favorite song of hers when it's officially released on her next album.

24. bd007h

Looks like Any Way You Wanna Love is out on Wednesday

irthesteve likes this.
  25. bd007h Sep 29, 2020
    (Last edited: Sep 29, 2020)
    bd007h

Double EP Thank U 4 Taking Me 2 The Disco + I'd Like 2 Go Home Now out on Sumerian Records on November 13