Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Meg Myers - Take Me to the Disco (July 20, 2018) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bd007h, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Tomozaurus

Regular

Its weird that it came out on Spotify before going up to pledgers but I've heard it so whatever. Not sure if I like it more or less than Sorry yet, need to let it sit. Tear Me To Pieces, Funeral and Constant are all incredible.

bd007h likes this.
  2. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

I got my pledgemusic download right at midnight. It is weird it wasn't made available to pledgers early though.

3. Tomozaurus

Regular

The campaign ended up seeming pretty neglected unfortunately, it just ended up being a fancy pre-order, but oh well I'm going to get some cool shit out of it.

bd007h likes this.
  4. bd007h

According to PledgeMusicHelp on twitter all orders should be shipped out by the end of the day. I was hoping they would be shipped out early so they would arrive on or around the release date. My signed post-card at least shipped on tuesday, but my signed vinyl/lyric book/t-shirt bundle and hoodie have not yet.

5. chuwaay

Of the unreleased songs really loving Done. All the songs are great tho.

And who is the voice on The Death of Me? Kind of scared me lol

bd007h likes this.
  6. bd007h

Christian "Leggy" Langdon, who produced the album. He's also the brother of both the guitarist and the vocalist of the britpop band Spacehog, known for their 1995 hit "In the Meantime". I think he has a few credits on some of their records but has never actually been in the band with them.

7. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

oof. really disappointed with this. Sorry is one of my favourites of the decade so high expectations, but there's no personality in this thing at all. just overproduced into nothingness

8. bd007h

I feel the exact opposite to be honest. This is a much more mature effort both lyrically and musically imo. And I loved Sorry.

9. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

I wish I agreed, but yeah. every song is just drowned in that vapid 80s style production so there's no room for melodies to breathe. couldn't name a single transcendent moment like the final chorus of "Motel" or when "Make a Shadow" first bursts out into that hook or so on. I couldn't even name a single line from this album cos I couldn't focus on the lyrics with all the noises going on, lol. hoping it'll grow on me but idkkkk

10. SoCoWilderNeSs Jul 20, 2018
    (Last edited: Jul 20, 2018)
    SoCoWilderNeSs

Regular Supporter

I just finished my first listen through the album and I love it.

The ladies are performing strong in the music scene for me this year thus far. I’m really digging both this record and Amy Sharks “Love Monster”.

As for this record: I’d say it’s less dark, raw and edgy than her last album. I’m not saying this new release is all “diamonds and daisies all the time” but it certainly has a lighter tone both lyrically and instrumentally.

Tracks like “Jealous Sea” & “Numb” would fit well on her debut whereas “Death of Me” features a super hype beat that feels completely new while still working in some of Megs trademark vocals.

The album ender “Constant” is perhaps the most stripped down and vulnerable release from Meg to date besides maybe “The Morning After” from Sorry. Megs “Sorry” release thrived on absolutes. There was a confidence, strength, boldness and almost scary aura of “crazy” within her words and songs. In “Take me to the Disco” I sense more of the opposite as she seems to have a pleading vulnerability.. The absolutes are gone. This struck me as a bit of a 180 so it wasn’t surprising to see a track entitled “I’m Not Sorry” in contrast to the title of her debut full length.

But this is just my take. It might change tomorrow. Or I could just be completely wrong. The album is a fantastic listen. It’s also probably more friendly to appeal to a wider audience as the sexuality and graphic nature is toned down plenty in the lyrics. There aren’t any lines like, “Baby, I wanna fuck you” in it. Lyrically this album is more relatable to the average person.

Tomozaurus and bd007h like this.
  11. bd007h

All my pre-order items, including the signed vinyl, have shipped B-)

12. dotKev

@dotkevin

First I've ever listened to Meg Myers and this might be one of my favorites of the year.

Vase Full Of Rocks and bd007h like this.
  13. bd007h

Better late than never haha This forum could use a few more of you lol

14. Tomozaurus

Regular

After a bunch more listens I think Done might be my fave on the album, so good.
    I think Jealous Sea and Death of Me are my least favourites, I find myself wanting to skip them often.

bd007h likes this.
  15. bd007h

Sorry had a few songs, that while I still like them, I sometimes skip when running through the album. Not a single one on Take Me to the Disco for me, though.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  16. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

This albums really solid

17. Orla Jul 25, 2018
    (Last edited: Jul 25, 2018)
    Orla

little old lady Prestigious

I know it's not, but the guest vocals on "The Death of Me" remind me SO much of the singer of the band Shone.

bd007h likes this.
  18. bd007h

In case you didn't catch my earlier post, that's Christian "Leggy" Langdon, who produced the album. He's also the brother of both the guitarist and the vocalist of the britpop band Spacehog, known for their 1995 hit "In the Meantime". I think he has a few credits on some of their records but has never actually been in the band with them.

Essie likes this.
  19. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Were you listening to this album at a construction site or something?

Tomozaurus likes this.
  20. bd007h

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  21. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Very solid CD as a whole. I felt some Poe vibes on one of the tracks which was really cool.

bd007h likes this.
  22. bd007h

I've been getting some Poe, PJ Harvey, and Fiona Apple vibes since the EPs. Definitely some Kate Bush on this album as well.

23. bd007h Jul 30, 2018
    (Last edited: Jul 30, 2018)
    bd007h

All my pledgemusic merch including my signed vinyl and post-card arrived just in time for my birthday B-)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Got the t-shirt, hoodie, and lyric book as well.

24. bd007h

Essie and teebs41 like this.
  25. Tomozaurus

Regular

I got my pledgemusic stuff today. The lyric book is very charming.

bd007h likes this.