Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Meg Myers – “Numb”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 27, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

Fletchaaa likes this.
  2. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

On first listen I like it, looking forward to her new album

bd007h likes this.
  3. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Digging this so much. Loved ‘Sorry’, can’t wait for a new LP.

bd007h likes this.
  4. shawnhyphenray

Regular

And I was just wondering yesterday what she was up to. I love this...sounds so 90s

5. Orla

Just got an email from her mailing list! Her new album will be called ‘Take Me to the Disco’ and will be out July 20!

6. CstSnow

Regular Supporter

Sooooo good, I never got into her last album as much as earlier stuff but this instantly clicked.

bd007h likes this.
  7. vinylfilmaholic

Makes me sad that she didn't blow up as much as she should have. Atlantic didn't really push her hard enough and from the looks of it she was dropped and is now recording for 300 Entertainment. :-/ Will definitely pre-order the album asap.

bd007h and Essie like this.
  8. CstSnow

Regular Supporter

It honestly seems like she is MUCH more comfortable at this level, she has been on Jensen Karp's podcast a few times and just never seemed interested in blowing up or major label stuff. I mean look at after her last album she shaved her head and moved back to Nashville, obviously not the moves of someone who loves the situation she was in.

vinylfilmaholic likes this.
  9. bd007h Apr 28, 2018
    (Last edited: Apr 28, 2018)
    bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

She actually moved back to LA it sounds like judging by an instagram comment of hers I saw a few weeks ago.

vinylfilmaholic likes this.
  10. bd007h

Preordered the signed vinyl, shirt, and lyric book bundle as well as the personalized post card.

vinylfilmaholic and Essie like this.
  11. bd007h

The video is out now.

Essie likes this.
  12. Orla

The song/ video seems like it would’ve been a force of nature on VH1 in the mid-‘00s. Not saying it comes off as dated at all, just that the top 20 countdown back then would’ve latched onto it super hard.

13. bd007h May 24, 2018
    (Last edited: May 24, 2018)
    bd007h

Meg would have been huge in the 90s. It's kinda sad how underappreciated she is in today's world of music.

mercury likes this.