Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Meet Me @ the Altar - Past // Present // Future (March 10, 2023) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bobby_runs, Jan 20, 2023.

1. JoshIsMediocre

The ocean's awesome, and for winners Supporter

Kool has been stuck in my head for hours

2. manoverboard365

Trusted

3. helloiamzach

Regular

I had them on my podcast the other day to talk about the album. Episode is out next week.

4. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

hate to say it but this is just okay to me, miss the riffs and the chunky guitar tones quite a bit. Edith's voice sounds fantastic but the lyrics feel a lot less engaging, and I'm not a huge fan of that kinda slurred vocal delivery she's doing on a lot of this

still some great tunes, especially Rocket Science which rules. but I can't lie them going for this plasticky production and recording songs by Top 40 hitmakers is just so completely opposite of where I was hoping they'd go lmao. hope they don't lose that unique personality that made them so great in the Fueled by Ramen machine

5. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

yeah i'm in the camp of this falling flat. actually reminded me a lot of MGK's brand of pop punk at points, which is not a compliment

'kool' is the obvious and faraway standout and 'king of everything' is quite cool, needed more of that sound

6. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I like this by far the most of anything I’ve heard from them but I’m honestly wondering if we’re all listening to the same track labeled Kool, that song is god awful

7. WeWereGiants

Regular

The chorus of Kool does absolutely nothing for me, might be my least favourite by them so far so I’m with you

8. I think it’s pretty neat that they basically took a stab at writing a Brain Stew. It’s not a super eventful song but that chorus vocal is inspired. Idk. There are much better songs on this record though for sure

9. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

"Kool" is an earworm, you can tell they're having fun with it, and the vocals are amazing. I count it in the plus column.

10. The hook on Kool is unreal and I'll die on that hill. I love that her vocal oscillates at a slightly slower tempo than the song but comes back around and lines back up at the end, it's inspired.

11. Phantom Mountain

Transgender Princess

I'm really enjoying this whole album a fair amount. It's catchy, it's fun and the songs are good. That's really all I need from them.

Elder Lightning likes this.
  12. TMI is the one that’s been living in my head for a few days now. That chorus and guitar lead in the bridge are pure serotonin

13. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I stan for Kool.

14. dumpweed41

album bangs.

Elder Lightning likes this.
  15. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

16. helloiamzach

Regular

JRGComedy and Blink182Bouncer like this.
  17. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

This album rules. I’ve had Say It (To My Face) stuck in my head all day.

Elder Lightning and BigMouth like this.
  18. manoverboard365

Trusted

19. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Why did this thing come out in March?! I’m enjoying it SO much more now that it’s summer.

20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Dog Fish likes this.
  21. WadeCastle

Trusted Supporter