Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Meet Me @ the Altar - Past // Present // Future (March 10, 2023) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bobby_runs, Jan 20, 2023.

1. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

I can see some of the criticism about them coming out hot. But this song definitely gives me "Brain Stew" vibes

2. manoverboard365

Trusted

It took a few listens but the new song is finally clicking with me.

3. Kool is one of the best pop punk songs I've heard in years, what a hook.

4. bobby_runs

I can see this song being a cool part of their set if it gets played live.

Elder Lightning likes this.
  5. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

6. jorbjorb

7 rings

This is good. Have a great day everyone.

7. Cmoney86

Trusted

Drip drip (alterportal)

8. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

9. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

sort of feels like this is dropping without much fanfare? or am i missing the hype

10. Joe DeAndrea

Regular Supporter

it's ok I guess. I feel like I should like it more. maybe I'm old and boring now. "Try" is great though

koryoreo likes this.
  11. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I agree honestly

cosmickid likes this.
  12. let's GET IT, almost done with this and I'm in love

13. Haven’t really been as into this band as this forum‘s generally been, but this is great so far. The transition out of their whole easycore revival thing is doing wonders

Elder Lightning and Carrow like this.
  14. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

This is not what I was expecting and I miss the riffs. It’s a tad boring. Wish the best for the band, but this is definitely missing what I liked about about their previous releases.

VanMastaIteHab and DisloyalOrder like this.
  15. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Yeah, no, this is great. They definitely stepped up the songwriting and I’m going to be jamming this all spring and summer.

16. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

I probably don’t love it as much as the Model Citizen EP but it’s still a great time and I can only imagine how much more I’m going to enjoy it this spring and summer!

17. The Emologist

Crusted

This is really fucking fun! Found randomly while skimming through new Apple Music releases.

18. The Emologist

Crusted

Kool…. Holy shit. Amazing.

19. bobby_runs

I mean this is a debut album from a band that has been under a microscope since they got signed to FBR.

I got about halfway through this album on my commute and very much enjoyed it.

20. DisloyalOrder

Trusted Prestigious

It’s okay on first listen. Nothing too exciting but nothing too boring either. Still can’t stand Kool.

FTank and koryoreo like this.
  21. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Feel pretty much the opposite lol. This is definitely catchy and fun and I’ll probably blast it a decent amount this summer, but on first listen I totally miss the riffs and wish it was a little heavier at times like their previous stuff.

koryoreo and wisdomfordebris like this.
  22. This album is going to rule my summer. I was not expecting them to try out a sound like Fearless/Speak Now-era Taylor Swift meets State Champs, but I love it. The hooks on this are gargantuan.

23. manoverboard365

Trusted

More than half way through, this is so much fun so far. TMI and Try were definite standouts.

Was surprised to see they didnt actually write Kool? Sole writing credit listed is for John Ryan, the guy who wrote all of One Direction's stuff. Could see that being a successful attempt to get them in the Top 40 circuit.

The Fearless/Speak Now comparison is spot on. So much of this gives me 2008 pop vibes.

BigMouth likes this.
  24. "A Few Tomorrows" is so good.

BigMouth and Elder Lightning like this.
  25. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

I love this whole thing, but the run of "Kool" through "A Few Tomorrows" is just top notch.

I really like their previous stuff, but the easycore sound is so limiting and I thought the Model Citizen songs especially shined on the acoustic versions. That's when I really got into those, when they were able to breathe a bit more, and I think they carried that lesson over well here.